Search

meal service LHR-JNB dayflight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
meal service LHR-JNB dayflight

I just wonder what meal service to expect on my dayflight to JNB in
Club World, leaving LHR at 08:50am , arriving JNB 08:35pm.

Is it breakfast and dinner ?

Thanks in advance....
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Ok, i must admit, I'm a little bit disappointed

I thought at least one of you would know.

To be honest, it's not an important question, but my fear
of dying hungry over africa is not less important than the question which
champagne they serve

Stil believe someone will answer...
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You should not actually die of hunger but it may feel like it.

I have not taken this flight. But CW always has two meal services, one near the beginning and one near the end even on the long day flights like CPT - LON, so if the Club Kitchen does not appeal there is no harm in taking some sandwiches and scotch eggs. Drinks will of course be available on board.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
From looking at the very few other longhaul flights that leave around that time, it's likely to be either breakfast or brunch with Club Kitchen available mid-flight followed by dinner. It seems that that the first meal on flights departing after 0900 have a hot lunch first - yours being before 0900 makes it more likely to be brunch. I could only find JFK and TLV departures to compare to I'm afraid, and that was on an older schedule.

Maybe a crew member will weigh in.. or you'll just have to let us know once you fly and find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.