Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:42 am

any luck for a sale in USA?

I am still looking and waiting. I need to purchase 4 tixs and the cost remained the same since I started looking after Christmas. I wish BA will post sale so that I can set the trip in stone!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:13 pm

I am awaiting that sale as well. Any thoughts from the assembled cognescenti on when to expect an Ex-USA sale?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:35 pm

Sale for The Netherlands

Hi.
My first post on here.

And im hoping for a sale for The Netherlands.
Need tickets in september for AMS-LHR-LAX and back PHX-LHR-AMS.

Lets hope for next week, i saw there is a sale for France now.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hinko
Hi.
My first post on here.

And im hoping for a sale for The Netherlands.
Need tickets in september for AMS-LHR-LAX and back PHX-LHR-AMS.

Lets hope for next week, i saw there is a sale for France now.
Welcome to FT Hinko ^

I don't have much info on recent promotions from The Netherlands. The only thing I have noted in the past was a post about some good fares in May 2010: ex-AMS May 2010

If you do a sale please post back!

Do you have a link for the France sale? (I try and record non-UK sales on post #3 of this thread: Post #3
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:21 am
Original Poster

New on the BA website today, some destinations are now on sale in July and August in WT according to BA's sale banner.

A cursory look suggests some savings of Ł100-Ł150 on the previous peak fares (although I didn't record the peak fares - its just too hard to capture everything!).

You are not going to get to NYC for Ł400 but it is cheaper than last week and as it is school holidays and the Olympics probably as good as you'll get for this peak period unless BA have over-estimated demand and need to sell seats off nearer the time.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:33 am

Sale is now on for The Nehterlands

Thanks matthewuk.

There is now a sale for The Netherlands and Belgium.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_nl
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_be

USA, Canada and Mexico destinations: Selling period: from 10 January 2012 to 7 February 2012. Travel period: from 17 January 2012 to 31 March 2012 and 10 April 2012 to 15 June 2012.

Amsterdam - Los Angeles € 599,-

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...penxtype=click

French sale:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_fr
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Looks like more Club fares may be being loaded - certainly SFO is now available at Ł2,323.

Will do a full check tomorrow once the low fare finder has caught up and update Post #549

Wonder if we'll see some decent First fares?!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:58 am

Finally Ex-USA sale fares

BA apparently just began its sale today from flights originating in US. Ticketing must be completed by 1/24/12. My ticketing was completed about one hour ago . Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Personally, I apply the duck test.

However, it's worth noting that one should always check the fare rules. Although I haven't done a comprehensive search, there are some catches: I happened to notice that for some destinations (BOM, MAA and HYD for example), the "ticket by" date is 10 January 2012 (as opposed to 24 January 2012 for the bulk of the sale fares).
Looks like they are still available but now only through March. I'm sure they were previously for most of the year....
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by matthewuk
Looks like they are still available but now only through March. I'm sure they were previously for most of the year....
No, as far as I can see nothing's really changed other than the extension to 24 Jan.

The previous fares were:-
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 20DEC11 AND ON/BEFORE 31MAR12.
SALES RESTRICTIONS: TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 10JAN12.

The current fares are:-
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 11JAN12 AND ON/BEFORE 31MAR12.
SALES RESTRICTIONS: TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 11JAN12 AND ON/BEFORE 24JAN12.

I've only looked at BOM and MAA, but they're the same so I think it likely that the other "book by 10 Jan" fares have been similarly refiled.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Upgradable?

I've been itching to burn Avios thanks to the Chase BA Visa 100,000 sign up bonus. If I buy one of these PE sale fares can I use Avios to move up to Biz?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Huff DeLand
I've been itching to burn Avios thanks to the Chase BA Visa 100,000 sign up bonus. If I buy one of these PE sale fares can I use Avios to move up to Biz?
Yes you can but ONLY if there is Club World (Biz) reward seats available.

It depends on your route and when you plan to go. Some routes are much harder to find than others.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
Yes you can but ONLY if there is Club World (Biz) reward seats available.

It depends on your route and when you plan to go. Some routes are much harder to find than others.
That's good to know. Dallas and Houston are my likely choices, I'll start checking ExpertFlyer for inventory. Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Huff DeLand
That's good to know. Dallas and Houston are my likely choices, I'll start checking ExpertFlyer for inventory. Thanks.
Good luck! ^

Out of curiosity when are you planning to travel?? Remember availability is very scarce in the summer months especially this year due to the Olympics.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:19 pm

Late March - early April.

Just learned that BA inventory is not available on ExpertFlyer. I called BA but was told only an Executive Club agent could confirm whether Club World is available for the dates I chose and that office was closed for the night so will check tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.