Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
The low fare finder shows LHR-LAX return WTP in February 2017 as £701 for Friday departures which I think is a superb fare.

However, when I select this, it shows outbound at £338 (fine). For inbound, the top of the screen shows £363 however there is no fare that matches this and the cheapest option is £457, making a total price of £94 more than the advertised fare. I noticed the same issue was present on the last sale too.

Is there any way of getting the advertised fare?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by davidw70
The low fare finder shows LHR-LAX return WTP in February 2017 as £701 for Friday departures which I think is a superb fare.

However, when I select this, it shows outbound at £338 (fine). For inbound, the top of the screen shows £363 however there is no fare that matches this and the cheapest option is £457, making a total price of £94 more than the advertised fare. I noticed the same issue was present on the last sale too.

Is there any way of getting the advertised fare?
IME, both the low fare finder and the fare explorer are poor ways of identifying what the lowest possible fare actually is. If click through the fare explorer to get a firm quote for a specific pair of flights, you're closer to finding out what it should cost.

The lowest published T class fares in the ladder for LAX are £344 midweek and £394 weekend. Fully pricing a midweek/midweek gives an all-in total of £744.65. Unsurprisingly, weekend in both directions is £794.65, and a mixture of midweek/weekend is £769.65.

On that basis, if the low fare finder is suggesting £701, it looks like it's an error.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
IME, both the low fare finder and the fare explorer are poor ways of identifying what the lowest possible fare actually is. If click through the fare explorer to get a firm quote for a specific pair of flights, you're closer to finding out what it should cost.

The lowest published T class fares in the ladder for LAX are £344 midweek and £394 weekend. Fully pricing a midweek/midweek gives an all-in total of £744.65. Unsurprisingly, weekend in both directions is £794.65, and a mixture of midweek/weekend is £769.65.

On that basis, if the low fare finder is suggesting £701, it looks like it's an error.
I thought that might be the case, but many thanks for your help...
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, FB Gold, CX Gold. Amex Plat et al
Hi all, I seem to recall a chart (maybe on an external site) that tracked BA sale fares to most destinations. Can't seem to find it now.. Can anyone help? In particular looking at Calgary for January and trying to see how good this sale is, and whether I should hold or buy. Many thanks in advance. Calgary in J is looking at £12k in WTP or £1.8k in CW on my dates.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IdiotAbroad
Hi all, I seem to recall a chart (maybe on an external site) that tracked BA sale fares to most destinations. Can't seem to find it now.. Can anyone help? In particular looking at Calgary for January and trying to see how good this sale is, and whether I should hold or buy. Many thanks in advance. Calgary in J is looking at £12k in WTP or £1.8k in CW on my dates.
Are you referring to the Continental Club Blog - http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/category/the-ultimate-british-airways-sale-fare-archive/
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:13 am

http://blog.continentalclub.co.ukthink this could be it.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:45 am

That's the ticket, thanks very much!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:51 pm

Read a couple of posts about Inverness good priced fares. Started playing with destinations and dates.

Booked Inverness to Philadelphia next June for £472, WT+ transatlantic and domestic J which gives lounge access at Inverness for those without OW status. This is the best price for WT+ from UK I have seen so a trip to Scotland next summer.

Used Avios to reduce the price further to £360 return and 200 TP's.

PS Just noticed this is the Business/First thread so I will delete post if requested.

Last edited by travellertales; Jul 5, 2016 at 4:02 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travellertales
Read a couple of posts about Inverness good priced fares. Started playing with destinations and dates.

Booked Inverness to Philadelphia next June for £472, WT+ transatlantic and domestic J which gives lounge access at Inverness for those without OW status. This is the best price for WT+ from UK I have seen so a trip to Scotland next summer.

PS Just noticed this is the Business/First thread so I will delete post if requested.
This thread covers sales in all cabins so certainty no need to delete.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
In the sale that ended in ~17th May, I picked up MAN-LHR-YYC in CW for ~£1.2k pp departing just before Christmas and returning in Jan. I would have expected post xmas/new year to be flat in terms of travel so to me £1.8k seems a bit steep. Obviously time is ticking on so it's hard to say whether there'll be anything cheaper pop-up
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:11 am

Hi Tiger_lily, thanks for your help. It does seem to fall just outside of the sale window for the £1.3k offered over Xmas and New Year sadly! I think I'll hold out...

Failing that, I may hold on deposit with a car to hedge my bets. If only there was a way to tie in with the current great fares to SEA and hop up (we have friends in SEA)..
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Hi Tiger_lily, thanks for your help. It does seem to fall just outside of the sale window for the £1.3k offered over Xmas and New Year sadly! I think I'll hold out...

Failing that, I may hold on deposit with a car to hedge my bets. If only there was a way to tie in with the current great fares to SEA and hop up (we have friends in SEA)..
No worries

Actually our booking is open jaw returning from SEA. Have you thought about flying into SEA and grabbing an AS redemption to YYC or wherever you need to go in Canada?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:38 am

Certainly a good idea, but our dates seem to fall outside of sales (c.11th Jan to 19th). Otherwise SEA would be perfect and hop up from there, but doesn't seem to be reduced.. Calgary is the place we need to be. Will keep looking!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by travellertales

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I played around a bit more and managed to find an add on to TPA which brought price down to £437, then another £150 off for 15k avios. That's us all booked for Month at Xmas.^
Old Jul 10, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Just booked a December GLA-LHR-EWR/JFK-LHR-GLA in Y for £280 + 15k Avios. Absolute bargain seeing I earn 10k Avios back and I've made use of one of the (in my opinion) best perks of being BA Gold - reserving exit row seats at time of booking. BA outbound with AA MCE on the 77W on the return to try something different (and the AA FL is much better than T7 GF).

Now I'm tempted to book flights to HK for next year as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.