Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shogan1977
Not wanting to appear slow, but how would I do that?
Some of the sale fares are captured in post 2 of this thread - you can usually spot the trends from the last 2 or 3 sales...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
For some reason LHR-DXB seems to have dropped to 1499 for aug-sep in CW.

Don't think it's a sale, but that's not a bad price. Matching someone maybe?

LHR-AUH 664 in WT+ with pretty good MFU availability

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jul 23, 2012 at 6:42 pm
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic

Don't think it's a sale, but that's not a bad price. Matching someone maybe?

FWIW, LHR-JFK in CW for Aug/Sept is a lot cheaper than October and beyond... (like ~ 1600 rtn instead of ~ 2500 rtn).
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

Don't think it's a sale ...
It's a sale:-
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 17JUL12 AND ON/BEFORE 01SEP12.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 17JUL12 AND ON/BEFORE 25JUL12.
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 20JUL12 AND ON/BEFORE 31AUG12.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 20JUL12 AND ON/BEFORE 31JUL12.
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
FWIW, LHR-JFK in CW for Aug/Sept is a lot cheaper than October and beyond... (like ~ 1600 rtn instead of ~ 2500 rtn).
PERMITTED 01AUG12 THROUGH 02SEP12 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF ORIGIN.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31JUL12.
Unless, of course, you take the view that a sale only exists if the airline tells you that there's a sale on.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's a sale:-It's a sale:-It's a sale:-Unless, of course, you take the view that a sale only exists if the airline tells you that there's a sale on.
Well I priced LHR-JFK-LHR, outbound on 1 September and back a week later and still saw the 1600 fare...

EDIT: sorry, just noticed outbound dates were different for the two "sale" fares... sorry

Last edited by shorthauldad; Jul 24, 2012 at 3:24 am
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
EDIT: sorry, just noticed outbound dates were different for the two "sale" fares...
No problem! Actually, they're all different, which may well indicate that these are tactical responses to other airlines.

But in my book, they're still sale fares!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
The temperature in DOH was topping 50 degrees yesterday. I imagine that it is fairly similar in DXB and AUH. In short it is utterly unpleasant to be outside in daylight hours so I imagine that this is an attempt to drum up some traffic by offering cheaper fares to an unsuspecting public!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by srbrenna
The temperature in DOH was topping 50 degrees yesterday. I imagine that it is fairly similar in DXB and AUH. In short it is utterly unpleasant to be outside in daylight hours so I imagine that this is an attempt to drum up some traffic by offering cheaper fares to an unsuspecting public!
Sounds great Bring it on!

I'm already booked for september, can't wait!!!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Sounds great Bring it on!

I'm already booked for september, can't wait!!!
September? It starts to cool down by then
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: BD
Hi,

I have booked two return tickets to GLA-JFK in December (for New Year) pretty good Y fares. I was hoping at some point now I have transferred my Diamond Club miles across to use MFU to CW or First.

I noticed that they were not upgradeable however being new to BAEC I gave them a call and they informed me that there were no avios redemptios available which is fine. I asked if it would be ok to call again nearer the time if seats became avaiable in First or CW?

They then told me that this fare would never be upgradable as it is a "sale fare"
Is this correct?

From what I read on here sale fares are just as upgradable using MFU or did I get this wrong?

Thanks for your help
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by scBD
Hi,

I have booked two return tickets to GLA-JFK in December (for New Year) pretty good Y fares. I was hoping at some point now I have transferred my Diamond Club miles across to use MFU to CW or First.

I noticed that they were not upgradeable however being new to BAEC I gave them a call and they informed me that there were no avios redemptios available which is fine. I asked if it would be ok to call again nearer the time if seats became avaiable in First or CW?

They then told me that this fare would never be upgradable as it is a "sale fare"
Is this correct?

From what I read on here sale fares are just as upgradable using MFU or did I get this wrong?

Thanks for your help
I only book in a sale, and I always upgrade with Avios [albeit at the time of booking]..

There's either another dimension in play, or you just need to do the usual trick of calling BAEC again [and again] until you get someone who knows what to do!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have booked two return tickets to GLA-JFK in December (for New Year) pretty good Y fares.

Is this correct?

The fact that you bought these in a sale is not what prevents you from MFUing these tickets.

What is stopping you is that they're cheap economy tickets. These can never be MFUd. You can only MFU economy tickets bought in Y, B and H booking classes.

If you buy in WT+ and CW, however, you can usually MFU any cash ticket.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
I only book in a sale, and I always upgrade with Avios [albeit at the time of booking]..

There's either another dimension in play ...
It always pays to read the post properly and fully first before starting to type, instead of adopting a "post first, think later" approach.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
It always pays to read the post properly and fully first before starting to type, instead of adopting a "post first, think later" approach.
I apologise, publicly and humbly, for my previous submission.

No need to be quite so sharp, Sir.
We are not all sublime experts on ticketing and fare classes.
I was responding specifically to the "purchased in a sale", which I thought I made perfectly obvious.

So which"Y" are we talking about? Would Your Exellency care to clarify? What am I missing here? And which "Y" am I supposed to read and/or ignore?

… pretty good Y fares.
You can only MFU economy tickets bought in Y, B and H booking classes.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
So which"Y" are we talking about? Would Your Exellency care to clarify? What am I missing here? And which "Y" am I supposed to read and/or ignore?
The combination of "fare sales" (thread title), "pretty good Y fares" (post), and "told me that this fare would never be upgradable as it is a 'sale fare' " (post) points in only one direction: the "pretty good Y fares" are sale fares (not Y booking class) in the economy (Y) cabin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.