Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LHR-HUB
I got the mail too - but I think it was only WT+, CE CW and F.
The small print in that email also mentions WT and ET.

The "book by" date appears to be 14 September, judging by the full fare rules.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: BA miles.
It's exciting for some of us who have never been aware of a BA sale.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Earthman
examples?
The jfk one above isn't
LHR > NBO is £400 cheaper each way in CW.

I also checked LHR > JFK and then back via LAX > LHR and that's still the same price in CW.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just priced hkg return in club and it's a whopping £3147
That's not the sale fare.

The sale fare is £2348 (IAP9UK, outbound travel 23SEP 10 THROUGH 30JUN 11, ticket by 14SEP 10).
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
nbo lol

As for out to jfk and back from lax-who would normally consider that if interested in going to the states as it will always be dearer to mix like that

Originally Posted by Globaliser

The sale fare is £2348.
£3147 is the only fare offered to me trying several dates in september and october clicking lowest price.

Clicking dates in november gives me £2496

It's what the site gives me that matters rather than whats technically supposed to be available.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's what the site gives me that matters rather than whats technically supposed to be available.
Well, that's an availability problem for the dates that you want, not a problem with the sale fare. If you have an availability problem, then you're just going to see non-sale fares. No airline ever guarantees that the sale fare will be available on any particular date or flight, as you well know.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:02 am

£3147 is the only fare offered to me trying several dates in september and october clicking lowest price.
I seem to find £2300 in Sept/Oct without problem.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:03 am

Well, that's an availability problem for the dates that you want, not a problem with the sale fare. If you have an availability problem, then you're just going to see non-sale fares. No airline ever guarantees that the sale fare will be available on any particular date or flight, as you well know.
I'm just throwing in random dates and I've done several now and getting the same crack.
I'm fully flexible on dates to be honest and willing to play the system.

For the ordinary punter though,they're going to do what I did there maybe and give up which to me means this is not a sale.
If I find a good CW fare here I'll bite.

To me it looks like a display of how much price has gone up over the last year or two and thats supposed to make us think discounts that don't go near where the price used be are actually good.

To me they're not.
They just underline how expensive j travel is getting if you don't mfu from wt+ and unfortunately that gem is gone now too for the moment.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
I seem to find £2300 in Sept/Oct without problem.
Maybe availability has loaded better now? Hopefully and in which case I'll water down my criticism.
The last screen I have open here says out £1173 and in £1323 which is £2496 in November.
Forget the dates as I've just changed them to september again and 25-30 is coming in at a whopping £3535
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:15 am

Maybe availability has loaded better now? Hopefully and in which case I'll water down my criticism.
The last screen I have open here says out £1173 and in £1323 which is £2496 in November.
Forget the dates as I've just changed them to september again and 25-30 is coming in at a whopping £3535

You're just picking the outliers; the 30th as a return leg is an oddball in that week as the sale fare is not available. Change your return to the 29th and the fare drops £1200!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
You're just picking the outliers; the 30th as a return leg is an oddball in that week as the sale fare is not available. Change your return to the 29th and the fare drops £1200!
Doing that has dropped the fare to 2,448.00 which is still more than you were quoted..but much better obviously.

Not great though when you think that not long ago you could get down to Syney in J for circa £3000

I'm done messing round with this for now though-hopefully something will catch my eye later but honestly,deep searching has to be done which a good sale does not make in my opinion.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Sale started today

Having read the thread about start of next sale, posted by Globaliser saying sale starting Thursday, did a recky today for SYD Feb F, and notice the flights have been reduced by £2K, wondering if to wait until tomorrow they may come down more or just go for it today, perhaps BA have just loaded the prices early.^
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Sale prices are now more than "normal" prices were a few years ago. Obviously they were going to go up a little as BA were making a loss, but now I feel that they are simply profiteering - especially given the double whammy of deep (cheapening) cuts in the service offering too.

I have tended to book BA previously even though they were more expensive - now I will be looking elsewhere and once my gold card is gone am highly likely to book whichever J/F product (decent airlines only) is cheapest. If lots of people adopt the same attitude, then BA prices will fall. If people are prepared to pay what BA ask, they will stay the same or rise further. That's the way the market works.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:28 am

Programs: Various
Sure I'm alone, but I'm a little bit peeved at this sale's timing as now reward availability is practically zero and I needed to change an upcoming flight.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:28 am

The sale fare is £2348 (IAP9UK, outbound travel 23SEP 10 THROUGH 30JUN 11, ticket by 14SEP 10).
Not bad, but I'm still thinking that an ex-MIL ticket at £1538 is a better deal - though appreciate that's not for everyone given the need to schlep down to Milan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.