Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge facilities for BA Clubworld trveller in St Kitts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, One Pass Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum

Could anyone answer this for me - I have not found any indication there is a BA or 3rd party lounge for ClubWorld travellers in St Kitts airport.In MMB there is nothing listed and cannot find anything on the BA website or on flyertalk.

Thanks in advance

Barry
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I flew IN to St Kitts ten days ago and to the best of my knowledge there is no lounge of any description for premium passengers. I flew out from St Maarten (on AAnother Airline) this morning and there was only a 3rd ;party lounge which wasn't even open!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:51 am

Hi, does anyone have any more details about BAs offering at SKB with regards to a lounge? Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk Eddfletcher

I flew out of St Kitts in April and I didn't see any lounge so I don't think the situation has changed. To put it into perspective, other than some island hops, there are very few flights out of St Kitts - one or two a day to the US and the two BA a week to the UK so there is probably very little demand for a premium lounge.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Silver (soft landing!), HH Gold
Just to add to this, the lounge used by BA at UVF is appalling IMO, rather like being in a cross between a 1970's stasi interrogation cell and grannies house.. filthy net curtains covering high windows.. miserable staff, soggy sarnies.. you get the idea.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:29 pm

St Kitts is so small, why would you need a lounge? Stay on the beach and check in as late as possible.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 7:28 am

Flew out of St Kitts a week ago and used the lounge

The Lounge is some distance from the terminal building with its own check-in desk and security. Once dropped at the door we where seated on comfy seats and given food and drink. When it was time to board our flight we where driven by car to the terminal and handed our boarding passes through the car window for checking. We where then driven to the aircraft passed all the other passengers walking out to the plane. Not sure how this would work on arrival as we had a delayed flight in and the lounge was closed (22-30.) Our flight was rearranged from Saturday to Sunday due to hurricane Tammy, normally from Antigua to St Kitts takes 45 mins. Our flight went to Aruba, South America first 1000+ KMs away before flying to St Kitts 4 hours later.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 1:34 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AnneDorothy
The Lounge is some distance from the terminal building with its own check-in desk and security.
Is that lounge a private one rather than something you get with club world?
​​​
Old Nov 5, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Nice to see this thread resurrected. I first posted on it to give my experience of a flight I made with my child who was a lap infant. That child is now at secondary school! Good to hear that a lounge has opened since then.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by AnneDorothy
The Lounge is some distance from the terminal building with its own check-in desk and security. Once dropped at the door we where seated on comfy seats and given food and drink. When it was time to board our flight we where driven by car to the terminal and handed our boarding passes through the car window for checking. We where then driven to the aircraft passed all the other passengers walking out to the plane. Not sure how this would work on arrival as we had a delayed flight in and the lounge was closed (22-30.) Our flight was rearranged from Saturday to Sunday due to hurricane Tammy, normally from Antigua to St Kitts takes 45 mins. Our flight went to Aruba, South America first 1000+ KMs away before flying to St Kitts 4 hours later.
Welcome to FT and the BA board.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:56 am

This is a private lounge run by a company called YU, all though our transport organisers referred to it as the BA lounge. No idea why we where accommodated in the lounge as we were travelling BA world traveller certainly not first or club world.. This lounge is some distance from the terminal building has its perks a security screening and boarding passes all carried out in the lounge area. Our luggage also seemed to get priority as both cases came onto the conveyor together before anyone the rest of the baggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.