Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund Conditions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Refund Conditions

I have a business class ticket and (unfortunately) I have to cancel as I broke my foot and not able to travel. Is there a way (without calling BA) to see the fare conditions on my ticket? I tried on ba.com and I don't see anything. I actually tried to change the ticket online and it says I have to call which is strange to me.
Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you have ExpertFlyer you can use the Finnair email receipt process to find the Fare Basis, then EF to reverse engineer the cancellation rules. If you intend to travel on that itinerary once your foot is better then you best call up anyway since BA may be able to move the travel dates for you.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:48 am
Original Poster

If the ticket is non-refundable, do I get a credit for a future flight or I just lose the ticket value (if I cancel)? I'm asking as I think my ticket is non-refundable (Fare class on the international leg (LHR to YYZ) is I).
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by UA^PX
If the ticket is non-refundable, do I get a credit for a future flight or I just lose the ticket value (if I cancel)? I'm asking as I think my ticket is non-refundable (Fare class on the international leg (LHR to YYZ) is I).
As mentioned in another thread earlier, I did much the same as you earlier this year. I contacted the BA Twitter/X team to cancel and they offered to put the ticket on hold to be used at a later date on the same route once I was able to travel again. There was no change fee, but a full refund was not possible. If I had wanted to cancel or change routes then the fare rules would apply, and I'd have lost the penalties or had to claim those from insurance
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by UA^PX
Sorry to hear about your broken foot, and hope you have a speedy recovery!

If you intend to take this trip at a later date, I echo those posters above who say it may be worth a call to BA (or reach out via Twitter) to ask about the possibility of holding your ticket to rebook at a later date when you have recovered. If this trip is now rendered pointless (e.g. for a specific work purpose), then it’s likely non-refundable, however from recent experience if you cancel before departure you should still get back a small residual value for any taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.