BA Blah Blah! Not really listening....

Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: Silver, IHG: Platinum Amb, HH:Gold, Marriot: Gold, SPG: Gold
BA Blah Blah! Not really listening....

The second bit of this thread is the e-mail i sent to BA in an effort to retain silver and the NEW benefits!!!!

Subject
Silver Executive Club programme feedback

Response 07/03/2009 04.22 AM
Dear

The membership year is different from the expiry date on your card. This allows us time, once we know what tier you have earned, to send out your new card before your old one expires. Your membership year is the twelve-month period from your joining or renewal date.

For more information please click on the link below:

https://askba-faqemail.custhelp.com/...ted=1141992193

Your BA Miles are valid indefinitely, as long as your account remains active. If your account shows no activity for 36 months, your BA Miles will expire. You can prevent your account from expiring by purchasing BA Miles.

For more information please click on the link below:

https://askba-faqemail.custhelp.com/...ted=1141992346

Your current mileage balance will remain active for further 36 months period, from your last transaction date on your account, which was in Feb 2009.

At the start of your membership year you will begin to accumulate Tier Points. Your Tier Points will be re-set at the point at which you are upgraded to a higher tier or at the end of your tracking year.

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to explain.

Regards
Milind
British Airways Executive Club

Next time you have a question about travelling with British Airways, simply go to:
http://ba.com/yourquestions
-----------------
LEGAL INFORMATION
-----------------
The information in this Internet email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access by any other person to this Internet email is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this Internet email. Any disclosure of this Internet email or of the parties to it, any copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited, and maybe unlawful.

If you have received it in error please inform the sender as soon as possible.

This email message has been swept by McAfee virus protection for the presence of computer viruses however we cannot guarantee that it is virus-free and you should scan this mail and, prior to opening them or saving them, any attachments for viruses.

This email was sent to you by British Airways Plc - to find out more about the company please visit:
http://ba.com/aboutba
Customer (davyello) 02/03/2009 09.29 PM
Silver Executive Club programme feedback

Name: Mr
Email address: [
Executive Club number:
Comments: Dear Sirs

The first of the improvements sounds great.

We are unable to give you any feedback regarding the Executive Club, having achieved Silver status from our own personal travel.

My mother-in-law was taken into a nursing home in June and unfortunately passed away just before Christmas, my wife, whose membership is in her maiden name; , was caring for her mother on a daily basis, and therefore we were unable to travel.

It is a shame that we have missed out on the benefits of having achieved Silver status due to unforeseen circumstances that were totally out of our control. Could anything be done to reinstate our Silver status?

Kindest regards
davyello

Milind

Last edited by davyello; Mar 7, 2009 at 11:22 am
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No idea what your post is about but I'd edit out some personal info if I was you.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Good advice, HIDDY.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks Hiddy
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Removed.

Last edited by PhilH; Mar 8, 2009 at 1:32 am Reason: Removed
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:12 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Just to echo what HIDDY said, you should remove your name and your wife's name ASAP.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks Guys. Must have my head up my arse................^
Old Mar 7, 2009, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by davyello
Thanks Guys. Must have my head up my arse................^

Stop at names and personal info. Let head rest in place, no need to remove.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PhilH
Genius.
Please don't use my name in vain.

To the OP; is the point you're trying to make the fact that BA didn't respond to your email properly?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:16 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I assume that your post was because you received a standard reply that didn't really address your request to have Silver status reinstated?

While I sympathise with your circumstances, assuming the text shown above is your full email, I can sort of understand why someone reading it (especially if english is not their first language) might be confused. You start off talking about "improvements" which don't seem to be related to the rest of your mail, then in the next paragraph state that you have acheived Silver status before explaining in the final paragraph stating that you "missed out on the benefits of having achieved Silver status" and asking for your Silver status to be reinstated.

Expressing this more clearly might have resulted in a more focused reply.

Also bear in mind that BA probably receive many such requests to reinstate Silver/Gold status every week. I'm sure that everyone thinks their personal circumstances merit a special case. BA do certainly offer some flexibility, but I am sure this will also depend on your history with BA (e.g. someone who has held Silver/Gold continuously for 5-10 years might have greater success than someone who has held it for only 1 year).

However, I do agree BA should provide a relevant reply where possible.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
You achieved Silver, your mother-in-law passed away (very sorry, really), as a consequence you haven't subsequently travelled enough to enjoy and or retain(?) Silver.

I don't understand why this is BA's problem. If I wrote to them and said I can only afford to fly World Traveller due to circumstances out of my control (i.e. financial) but would like to experience First Class do you think they would be sympathetic?

Get over it - in the meantime fly Club World and/or become a Eurocheat until you've requalified for Silver.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:28 am

I don't wish to come across as harsh or unsympathetic; I fully agree with Phil The Flyer.

We all go through various traumas in life. It is a part of it, unfortunately.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Get over it - in the meantime fly Club World and/or become a Eurocheat until you've requalified for Silver.
Noting that the OP is relatively new to this board, and the recent thread about how we treat new members, isn't this sort of response a bit strong?

davyello - I appreciate your frustrations about not re-attaining silver. As work keeps moving my travelling schedule around I'm constantly at risk of losing mine too. Unfortunately, whatever the circumstances, BA has set rules and they tend to follow them. It is unfortunate that your personal circumstances have resulted in you losing silver, but I'm sure that you'll find that many other people have also lost their status due to a wide range of reasons both in and out of their control. There isn't too much that you can do about it, except, focus on getting silver for next year.

With regards to your post, for the future, it would be worth summarising your thread so that it is clearer. You have posted a letter and then your email with little comment from yourself, so it is not too clear what it is that you are asking people to help you with.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can I show some support for davyello, it is clear to me what he is saying - he wrote to BAEC and the response had no relevance to what he wrote about.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:27 am

I think we sometimes forget what these FF programmes are for . They are there to 'reward' people for their perceived loyalty and the bottom line is the amount they spend with the airline.
In the current climate I believe the EC would look sympathetically at long standing card holders who have dropped TP's and missed the threshold. They will know certain companies whose travel budgets have been slashed (but know in the future that it's likely to be reinstated).
A danger I suppose is that the company have moved their budget to another airline and you aren't aware of it.
I think you would have to have some really high score before the EC looked favourably at renewing for 'personal reasons'.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.