Apparent lounge cutbacks at LHR T5

Old May 1, 09, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum
I was in the lounge yesterday and there was clearly a much smaller selection of magazines than there used to be in the past.

Having worked in the magazine business in the past, I can tell you that most of the magazines in airport lounges are "free" copies given by magazine publishers to boost their declared circulation. Given the current economic environment, its certainly possible that publishers are cutting their print runs and decreasing free distribution.

Thus fewer magazines in BA lounges.
Old May 1, 09, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Dirty Brown!, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
In Galleries Club right now and there are no magazines with the exception of Business Life and High Life!!
Adrian can you wave a magic wand and see if some can appear?
Cheers,

Lee
Old May 1, 09, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MB Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
Not really a cut-back but the only treatment now available in the spa due to the Swine 'Flu is the 'evil' chair. No hands-on treatments and you have to sanitise before entering the spa area and then again when you sit in the chair.

If the staff wanted to protect themselves I would have thought they would wear face-masks but can you imagine the impression that would give!

This could go on for quite some time...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: