Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Extra legroom seats on the 777 fleet in Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extra legroom seats on the 777 fleet in Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
I have those seats reserved on an LGW-ANU-GND in March so assume not crew rest.
Nor back from TAB as I was in 4K!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by wyvern
Could this go into the Ultimate Guide?
Consider it done. Links to this and The 'Extra Legroom Seats in Club' Guide to the 747 thread have now been added to the opening post in the Club World Guide sticky.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Most of the crew seats I've seen recently on the 777 3-class tend to be 11K.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 5:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Just returned from ORD in G-YMMO, a four class 777 which has the NGCW full monty - new cabin and AVOD.

I know the 747 upper deck is still generally favoured - the low density and additional storage/shelf space cannot be trumped. However, I now rate the 777 dorm higher up the ranks purely on the basis that I find the cabin pressure of the 777 much more comfortable and conducive to sleep than the 747. Probably a personal thing, but worthy of comment I thought.

One curiosity, seated in 11A - the seat vibrated in bed mode. The vibration seemed to originate from beneath the floor, transferring through the light-weight seat construction. Initially, a little unsettling but certainly not too great a distraction to stop me from getting a decent night's kip. As this was my maiden flight in a refitted 777, I don't know if this is unique to this particular seat on this particular aircraft or if it is a general 777 thing. It's not something I've noticed before of row 11 with the old style flat beds.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
[QUOTE=Prospero;12448810]
One curiosity, seated in 11A - the seat vibrated in bed mode. The vibration seemed to originate from beneath the floor, transferring through the light-weight seat construction. Initially, a little unsettling but certainly not too great a distraction to stop me from getting a decent night's kip. QUOTE]

Normally you have to pay for that feature - lots & lots!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Jseated in 11A - the seat vibrated in bed mode. The vibration seemed to originate from beneath the floor, transferring through the light-weight seat construction
Could it be the fact that CW on this aircraft is closer to the engines than on the 747?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Comments on the 3-class ‘New’ config

Helped needed! I could sacrifice an UD seat to fly one these ex HKG in the Spring…but I’d prefer your feedback instead please!
Bump. Still no answer to this, the most important unanswered BA seating question. :-:
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:11 pm

okay so on a 3 class 777 which seats give you the most legroom I'm 6'2 and on the way out had the front bulkhead 3DEF (travelling with 2 kids), lying flat was nor great. On the return only the rear cabin is available and at the moment i have 11DFG (bassinet blocked at the moment) but would 10A 11A 11B be a better option

thanks
Joejet
Old Mar 25, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Comments on the 4-class configuration
15EF – 1.5 inches extra
At least. Enough for me (at just over 6'4") to lie straight out.

But, as reported in another thread, the lack of a partition with the adjacent seat means there's a danger a clumsy oaf will keep falling out of his bed and into you when sleeping.

Now, I do at last have some comments about extra legroom seats in CW on the A318. Is there a thread for these?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
Now, I do at last have some comments about extra legroom seats in CW on the A318. Is there a thread for these?
I think the Club World seating thread would be a great place for them. Thanks for taking notes. ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...+seating+guide
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by joejet
okay so on a 3 class 777 which seats give you the most legroom I'm 6'2 and on the way out had the front bulkhead 3DEF (travelling with 2 kids), lying flat was nor great. On the return only the rear cabin is available and at the moment i have 11DFG (bassinet blocked at the moment) but would 10A 11A 11B be a better option

thanks
Joejet
I thought all CW seats extend to 6'6" in the fully flat position, or is that only in FIRST?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pandor
I thought all CW seats extend to 6'6" in the fully flat position, or is that only in FIRST?
That's First. Club is 6ft 6 long in the Z mode but I defy anyone to get a nights sleep in that position .
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:05 am

That's First. Club is 6ft 6 long in the Z mode but I defy anyone to get a nights sleep in that position .
Thanks for that... what is the CW bed length?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pandor
Thanks for that... what is the CW bed length?
6ft.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:08 am

6ft.
That's a really short length for a bed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.