Avoid SFML in Club World

Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Avoid SFML in Club World

From my trip LHR-JFK a few weeks back, I decided to be adventerous and try out a Seafood meal (as the loads were low so I gather the chance of opup is low anyway). I had an excellent seafood meal in F Class before (Lobster, salmon etc..) so was looking forward to this.

Big Mistake!

The lunch consisted of:
1) Same Salmon starter as the normal meals
2) No butter offered
3) Main course = Clam Chowder. But it is cold and I spotted the fish pie my neighbour had, which seemed to me much better
4) No dessert on offer. The crew did gave me the normal dessert.

The afternoon tea is
1) Cooked salmon (tin stuff) Sandwich. which tasted really foul and dry. I took one bite and left the rest untouch.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
You need to message Smirnoff if you are into your seafood meals.

At least you had your SFML loaded which is more than some other pax have had when requesting these.

Maybe a possible good BA Gold benefit would be a Book The Cook like SQ which would mean frequently flyers would know what they were getting instead of all these complaints.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
For future reference, the fish pie is definitely tasty and plentiful.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:52 pm

As a avid meat-eater, I must admit that BA's CW fish pie has won me over.

Now that is saying something.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by KenJohn
As a avid meat-eater, I must admit that BA's CW fish pie has won me over.

Now that is saying something.
The fish pie is good but I think it is because of the "pie" format. Pies are perfect for reheating. So maybe CW could introduce some sort of meat pie as well. Or even a veg variant.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I always find it very odd when people order a Special Meal when they have no need to...

Flying to DME, and a passenger had ordered a KSML (Kosher) and when I went to him to ask if it was ok for me to break to seal to cook the hot part of the meal. He said "Oh, I have changed my mind... I only ordered it cos you get more food, can I have just a normal meal now?"

Erm... NO! Your special meal, on Short Haul band 4 flights is counted as part of the total catering figure, so unfortunately I can not just magic up another normal meal...

I do wonder sometimes... I really do...
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
And some people order children's meals as a joke and then ask on check-in if they can change them. A bit late by then.

As for the OPs SFML, I'm not sure if he was upset at getting the same salmon starter as the others and if so why. If there was no butter, I'm sure all you needed to do would be to ask for some. Obviously it's a shame you didn't enjoy the clam chowder. Did you mention that to the crew? I only ask as it's possible someone didn't have their meal and perhaps there could have been a spare fish pie.
As for the dessert, again I'm not why you would be upset/disappointed that this was the same as everyone else.

As for the afternoon sandwiches, I'm afraid I'm never able to eat any of them as they always have cheese and/or mayonnaise - both of which I can't eat. I tend to eat the scones only.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal and really hope you have a better experience next time. Perhaps you were expecting something closer to your excellent F meal.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
I use to order NLML (non-lactose) means because of my allergy. BA (in Y )went through a phase of meal 1 = cheese and meal 2= cheese hence why I ordered a special meal. Anyway the BA offering was either unimaginative or over cautious, as the meal was extremely bland. CX/TG NLML Y meals were superb. Now I just take the hit - if it is completely cheesy I'll avoid but most of the time there is something i can eat from the normal servings.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:49 pm

SQ offer a "soft and bland" meal option if you are so inclined or if you do not like flying while wearing your false teeth
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I always find it very odd when people order a Special Meal when they have no need to...

maybe because if they actually offer something edible for a premium cabin in the first place then pax will not have to order this.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
And some people order children's meals as a joke and then ask on check-in if they can change them. A bit late by then.

As for the OPs SFML, I'm not sure if he was upset at getting the same salmon starter as the others and if so why. If there was no butter, I'm sure all you needed to do would be to ask for some. Obviously it's a shame you didn't enjoy the clam chowder. Did you mention that to the crew? I only ask as it's possible someone didn't have their meal and perhaps there could have been a spare fish pie.
As for the dessert, again I'm not why you would be upset/disappointed that this was the same as everyone else.

As for the afternoon sandwiches, I'm afraid I'm never able to eat any of them as they always have cheese and/or mayonnaise - both of which I can't eat. I tend to eat the scones only.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal and really hope you have a better experience next time. Perhaps you were expecting something closer to your excellent F meal.
Yep, I think my expectation was overly high because of the F Class experience. I was expecting a different entree becuase the main course is also a fish chowder, so just a bit different will be nice.

Also how can u eat scones with no cream? I will not get into the Jam and Cream debate
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by nomoreiphone
Yep, I think my expectation was overly high because of the F Class experience. I was expecting a different entree becuase the main course is also a fish chowder, so just a bit different will be nice.

Also how can u eat scones with no cream? I will not get into the Jam and Cream debate
Unfortunately lobster wasn't on the menu when I was last lucky enough to enjoy the F experience, so I can't compare notes with you on that.

And I have cream and jam on my scones. Just meant I couldn't eat the sandwiches, just the scones, etc. How could anyone not have the scone experience
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by nomoreiphone
maybe because if they actually offer something edible for a premium cabin in the first place then pax will not have to order this.
And yet, you found the special meal unacceptable... So, no win either way really.

What one passenger finds a total delight to eat, one passenger will find awful, no matter what catering is provided on a flight, not every passenger will be happy.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lobengula
The fish pie is good but I think it is because of the "pie" format. Pies are perfect for reheating. So maybe CW could introduce some sort of meat pie as well. Or even a veg variant.
They already do a 'Shepherds Pie'.

And very nice it is too...I had it on a recent LHR - BOM trip. ^
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Last year I had the most amazing braised steak in CW on a BA transatlantic flight. It was one of the tastiest meals I've ever had and I was really sorry when I'd eaten every morsel - gorgeous.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.