BA offer for US based Flyertalkers

Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Originally Posted by jimcbob
The problem is, people do not believe it. Or do not want to have to arrange their lives around OLCI at exactly 24 hours before flying. I cannot tell you how many people it puts off BA. And the sooner BA realise it, through seeing people turning down excellent prices like this because of the seating policy, the better, frankly. I still do not accept that you cannot protect the interest of full fare or FF passengers through blocking seats until OLCI.

The point with AA, etc is that, although seat availability can be bad later on, at least you KNOW when you are booking what the state of play is when you book.
Exactly right and the reason my holiday flights to Arizona for the last 8 years have been on AA even though BA fly direct. Flying on your own its not so important, but when i'm travelling with someone, i want to be certain i can sit with her.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Blue, BMI Blue+
Originally Posted by Gatwick Alan
Exactly right and the reason my holiday flights to Arizona for the last 8 years have been on AA even though BA fly direct. Flying on your own its not so important, but when i'm travelling with someone, i want to be certain i can sit with her.
But the revised seating policy came into affect more recently than 8 years. Couldn't you preassign seats before that even if BA Blue - I seem to remember flying to PHX in Dec 2005 and preallocating....

There is one way to get round it, fly in F
Old Feb 7, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mbstone
You don't give AA miles to Yanks, no thanks
Sadly, legislation prevents the above and also prevents AA giving BA miles to us if we travel with AA on TATL flights, so I will not travel on these flights with AA.

Hopefully, things may change for the better if the current discussions progress and obtain the necessary approvals.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 1:52 pm

$880 from DC return is a good price for this season. Shame it can't be MFU'd. The last public sale was slightly cheaper. Are people saying that those fares would NOT have been able to be MFU'd??

Also is anyone aware of when the next public big sale occurs for fares in the summer? I'd like to travel a bit later than this offer is good for.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by terpfan101
The last public sale was slightly cheaper. Are people saying that those fares would NOT have been able to be MFU'd??

I'm not sure what you mean by "public sale"? My understanding is neither these special FlyerTalk offer fares nor (by PM from Dilly / BA Helper) the 'sign in' discount fares (ie the $150-250 off) offers can be MFU'd.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 2:15 pm
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi,

The confirmation email is system generated and instant. I just registered to check and got my email, so it is working fine. Maybe check your spam/junk folder or register with another email address maybe.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Originally Posted by Italy98
Just saw this posting while waiting for Mrs. Italy as she was shopping. Came home and did the BAEC registration and am now patiently waiting, and waiting, and waiting for my confirmation email from BA. How long should it take to send the activation link so we can make reservations? Thx
Old Feb 7, 2009, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Not immediately, but once you get into the booking system and start to see prices, you should see "Flyertalk Premium Offer" in the top right hand corner of price pages.
I am definitely doing something wrong, I cannot see the offer even after the prices shown. Cleared cookies, still don't see it.
www.ba.com/flyertalk
Is there a new link for this?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by bernardd
I'm not sure what you mean by "public sale"? My understanding is neither these special FlyerTalk offer fares nor (by PM from Dilly / BA Helper) the 'sign in' discount fares (ie the $150-250 off) offers can be MFU'd.
I was referring to the BA 2 nights free in London sale of WT and WT+ that ended I believe on January 29th. It was for travel up to May 24th as well. WT from JFK and IAD were $450 and $500 respectively, while WT+ from IAD was $830 or so. No need to sign in for that sale, and it was heavily marketed all over the web. I don't think the fares had a red D next to them but I can't remember. Either way, I now wonder whether those fares would not have been able to be MFU'ed.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by terpfan101
I was referring to the BA 2 nights free in London sale of WT and WT+ that ended I believe on January 29th. It was for travel up to May 24th as well. WT from JFK and IAD were $450 and $500 respectively, while WT+ from IAD was $830 or so. No need to sign in for that sale, and it was heavily marketed all over the web. I don't think the fares had a red D next to them but I can't remember. Either way, I now wonder whether those fares would not have been able to be MFU'ed.

I guess I've just proved my point - there are now so many offers I can't pace with 'em!

It would be rather nice if BA learned a lesson from aa.com and gave us access to the full fare basis and rules....
Old Feb 8, 2009, 2:09 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi,

Try this - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...club/_gf/en_us

You will see either
1] the offer with a book now button
2] a page with a log in box. Log into your exec club account if you are a member, or click on the "Not an Executive Club member? Join now" link and join. Once joined, you can go back to the link at the top.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Originally Posted by trupper999
I am definitely doing something wrong, I cannot see the offer even after the prices shown. Cleared cookies, still don't see it.
www.ba.com/flyertalk
Is there a new link for this?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
No MFU, so little interest

It's nice to have an FT-specific offer, but I think that lots of people on this board are addicted to upgrades (I plead guilty on this count ). The inability to MFU these fares makes them not worthwhile for me.

The savings seems to be about $100 or so each way, which is hardly worth giving up the upgrade!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I fail to see the big deal about some "private" fare offered to us at 688 RT. I checked ORD-LHR on ITA and there were lots of options between $550 and $700 on a large number of airlines.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by aktchi
I fail to see the big deal about some "private" fare offered to us at 688 RT. I checked ORD-LHR on ITA and there were lots of options between $550 and $700 on a large number of airlines.
Please name the large number of airlines with World Traveler Plus style seating that fly between ORD and LHR.

For the DFW market this is a great deal. WT+ for 977$ and Club World for 2497$ from DFW is far lower than I have ever seen.

Can we stop picking this offer apart and just thank BA for having it? I would prefer to encourage future offers.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
If your overriding interest is in World Traveller Plus Style or indeed any specific feature, then you are limited to those that offer it, whatever the price.

However, for those who may be interested in the price...The following is from a month long search at ITA for a 6-8 day ORD-LHR trip starting Feb 15. On 1/2 of the days the lowest fare is $530. On no day is it greater than $613. The airlines offering fares in this range are: AA, AC, AF, BA, BMI, CO, DL, IB, KL, LH, SAS, UA, US, VS, etc.

I disagree with the idea that we should be so grateful for the offer that we shouldn't even discuss it. This is not an offer to fly free on a private jet. For Pete sake it is a commercial deal in which they do, and should, expect to make a profit. I do appreciate such offers, more options are always welcome, but I also see nothing wrong in analyzing them or comparing them with other options.

Last edited by aktchi; Feb 8, 2009 at 10:56 am
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by MorganB
Please name the large number of airlines with World Traveler Plus style seating that fly between ORD and LHR.

For the DFW market this is a great deal. WT+ for 977$ and Club World for 2497$ from DFW is far lower than I have ever seen.

Can we stop picking this offer apart and just thank BA for having it? I would prefer to encourage future offers.
I agree totally. It is not reasonable to compare WT+ to regular economy seat pricing. These are very good fares for WT+ and CW. Makes no sense to compare WT+ pricing to an economy seat price on other airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.