Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA offer for US based Flyertalkers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:40 am
fomerly CoachBoy

Programs: United Premier Platinum, British Airways Silver
Stupid Question, but on such a deep discount, I have to ask: can the T class tickets be MFU'd
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:06 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CoachBoy
Stupid Question, but on such a deep discount, I have to ask: can the T class tickets be MFU'd
Hi yes. We specifically wanted to create an offer that you guys can MFU.

However, you cannot book and upgrade at the same time. You need to book via the link given, and then upgrade after booking, via Manage My Booking.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi yes. We specifically wanted to create an offer that you guys can MFU.

However, you cannot book and upgrade at the same time. You need to book via the link given, and then upgrade after booking, via Manage My Booking.
Which, of course, begs the question "are we going to have to pay the $200 change fee"?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I just wanted to say thanks from this side of the pond. I don't think I can use this one, as I just booked all my currently-planned spring travel in the last public sale, but this is the sort of thing I'd be really appreciate for future travel bookings.
I'd also be really interested in an answer to the MFU question above; I've had no success recently in avoiding the $200 fee when trying to UG tickets bought on sale and even the very kind BAEC agent I enlisted to help couldn't manage to do it.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:04 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Guys, apologies... I've just been corrected and MFU is not allowed on this offer due to it being a private fare. MFUs are only allowed on published fares in the appropriate fare classes (http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../en_us#upgrade).

Apologies for getting this wrong.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
Originally Posted by bernardd
Which, of course, begs the question "are we going to have to pay the $200 change fee"?
Just about to make a booking and interested to see if anyone can answer the question above ?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Guys, apologies... I've just been corrected and MFU is not allowed on this offer due to it being a private fare. MFUs are only allowed on published fares in the appropriate fare classes (http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../en_us#upgrade).

Apologies for getting this wrong.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Ah - Ok - might sit it out a little longer before I move my reward booking for March to June and replace it with a new offer for March....

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:12 am

Hi Dilly / all

I have created a dummy booking which doesnt show the fares as being discounted (17th - 24th March JFK - LHR - JFK) in WT+ booking class T - would I still be able to MFU this ticket ?

its pricing at $855 which assuming its $200 upgrade fee + miles is not bad for a CW return

Any feedback / Thoughts very much appreciated

Best regards

Flynn
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn
I have created a dummy booking which doesnt show the fares as being discounted (17th - 24th March JFK - LHR - JFK) in WT+ booking class T - would I still be able to MFU this ticket ?

its pricing at $855 which assuming its $200 upgrade fee + miles is not bad for a CW return

Any feedback / Thoughts very much appreciated

Overall it looks like there's been something of shift in position from BA - a year ago it looked like *ANY* 'T' fare could be upgraded and you did not have to pay a change fee if you were upgrading without changing time or date.

My take on it today (Dilly may prove me wrong!) is the best deal you're going to get is the one offered in the "book and upgrade" option on ba.com. While there may be lower 'T' fares available they're either a) not eligible for upgrade or b) more expensive by the time you've paid the $200 change fee that now seems unavoidable plus possibly a $20 telephone booking surcharge.

Last edited by bernardd; Feb 5, 2009 at 9:54 am
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:08 am

Many thanks for the advice - I will plump for the Book & upgrade and thern change my reward booking to later in the year

Best regards

Flynn
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Looks to be $389 from SFO.

Question: How does BA world traveler plus compare with UA E+?

Also I gather there is no way to upgrade T-class with AA miles. Does BA sell buy-ups to C at the airport as UA does?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Looks to be $389 from SFO.

Also I gather there is no way to upgrade T-class with AA miles. Does BA sell buy-ups to C at the airport as UA does?
WT+ is not just about seat pitch - it's 8 wide on a 747 instead of 10, and slightly better recline so there's generally more space. The other plus is every seat has a power outlet. It's been a long time since I was in UA's Y but some people find BA's WT+ a little hard.

No you can't upgrade any BA services using AA miles, and upgrades for sale at the airport are pretty rare though I have seen them occasionally.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Boraxo
You really have to remember only one thing:

BA's "World Traveller Plus" is a premium economy product. UA's "Economy Plus" is not.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mcgahat
After you login, does it specify something specific to flyertalk?
Not immediately, but once you get into the booking system and start to see prices, you should see "Flyertalk Premium Offer" in the top right hand corner of price pages.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
I checked priced in WTP from IAH-LHR departing 15 April returning 20 April.

Without logging into the Flyertalk offer: $977

Following Flyertalk offer: $977

OK price, but anyone seems to be able to get the "special fare."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.