Need a step by step for first timer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Need a step by step for first timer

edited

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 9:59 am
Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
goingnow - something to look forward to!

I have not flown from ORD, so cannot advise any specifics, although I am sure someone will be able to.

I suggest that you have a look at this link in the sticky:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/8172643-post22.html

which provides useful information regarding Club World.

In summary, however, you will be able to get a meal in the lounge (self service usually) as there will be limited catering onboard: sandwich and cookies, although there should also be the Club Kitchen with other snack items that you can help yourself to during the flight.

Breakfast will be served onboard although you can also get food in the Arrivals lounge if you have time (possibly not) or in the departure lounge at LHR before your flight to CDG. You should also be able to have a shower there.

Have a great trip!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, various other pittances
Congrats on the trip - have a wonderful time...

Checkin: be sure to use the Club World checkin desks and as I recall, for a 5.30pm flight, these open at about 1.15pm. Would not have thought the desks would then close given two more later flights to come. As you are flying in CW make sure you are given the 'You're invited to dine' voucher as this will allow you pre flight dining. Any passengers flying in WT / WT+ but with lounge access won't be given these vouchers as pre flight dining is a feature of cabin class as opposed to lounge access.

The lounge is very close by to the departure gates - when you go through security (do use the premium passenger line if you can see it) turn left and the BA lounges are just past gate M11. CW lounge is on the left, First lounge is on the right. Flights normally depart from gate M11 or M12..

Would try to checkin 3 hours before departure if you really want to laze / drink the free booze..

Would definitely try and use the Arrivals lounge at LHR if time allows as this is a major perk as I see it of travelling CW - grab a nice shower and indulge in a less than healthy breakfast!

Above all else enjoy!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:28 pm

ORD lounge has self-service supper for evening flights and bar. That includes alcoholic drinks. Make sure you get your "invited to dine" voucher as mentioned!

On a sleeper service, you are strongly recommended to eat in the lounge (or elsewhere) before boarding. There will be only a small snack served, alternatively cocoa & cookies. THis means the cabin stays quieter as there are less trolleys in use and less time until everyone is done eating.

However if you get peckish in the night, just get up and go to the galley - there's a range of snacks, usually including sandwiches, and if you're lucky, ice-cream!

On arrival at LHR, with a 3 hr connection, you should have just enough time to go to the arrivals lounge. Rather depends what time your flight lands, the immigration queue, and the volume of other passengers turning up for their showers. Personally, I'd give it a go if the flight arrived on time...you can always eat breakfast while waiting for your shower slot.

At LHR outbound, assuming you are connecting in Club Europe, head for the South lounge (unless shopping is on the agenda, or you're straight to the gate after enjoying Arrivals lounge too long!).

On the return, it won't be a sleeper service, so dinner on the plane. Or if you want to pre-dine, try Ramsay's Plane Food. Excellent food at decent prices. LHR lounge won't have meals, only some snacks (sandwiches, small cakes at early evening if I remember the Galleries lounge correctly). Bar and snacks are self-service again.

For dork-a-like avoidance, when you enter the lounge, find somewhere to sit down, and just observe the other inhabitants for a few minutes. As long as you behave like a moderately normal human being, most other passengers are too bored/anxious/busy-with-work/occupied-with-the-wine-choice to notice any newcomers who don't know where the bar is etc.

Happy CW experience :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.