Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:05 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by efincomputer
Another thing - did i miss something about the Waitrose thing? Was there an actual mention of a BA tie up, or is it merely people speculating that it would be a nice addition if they tied up their scheme to BA?

Efin
The latter, I'm afraid. We can but dream!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
well it wasnt easy and im still not convinced that the extra 15k points will show up but they have said that they will !

took one half hour phone conversation with the promise of a call back which never happened and a further long call which again provided them the url to the offer and i was promised that the points would be credited..... oh and the mention of breach of contract and contacting the financial ombudsman!!

my suggestion would be to take a printout of the offer and contact them again, speak to a supervisor etc etc etc and use the same tact as me, they should budge if you tell them that you signed up from that offer and have been credited the wrong points?

well my persistence paid off !

have been away for a week or so but before i went fired off a letter to pc visa (aka Barclaycard) pointing out how c**p their customer services were and enclosing a printout of the 25k offer as they were now again refusing to credit the points to me!

upon my return after 6 days away i had a nice letter waiting for me saying sorry for the poor customer service and telling me that the extra 15k points would be credited to my pc account!

result!

forget phoning or emailing chasing them up, print out a copy of the webpage and send it off to customer services with a nice letter! you will get the 25k total points!

CS
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:14 pm

From Friday 30th Jan to Sunday 1st Feb all Tesco customers will receive Double Clubcard points on all Direct orders.

http://direct.tesco.com/
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
1. Tesco Grocery (expires 28 February)

200 bonus points when you spend £50 using codes XX-KFCW, XX-T9D8 and XX-7PC8. You will get 400 bonus points if you use all three codes for orders delivered by 28 February. This promo seems to be targetted so will not work on all accounts.
Not a single one of the codes in the past 5-6 months has worked on my accounts...
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Not a single one of the codes in the past 5-6 months has worked on my accounts...
You either spend too much at tesco, that you dont need a preverbial carrot, or they think you're a lost cause and not worth the email.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Or indeed Clapham Junction Fair to say Waitrose does seem to attract a more attractive shopper than your average supermarket.....

Good news on the affinitity scheme - having switched all our food shop away from M&S, some return would be nice!

on the subject of m&s online spend........

i kno its a rubbish way of converting to BA miles but you can spend via shell's online shopping website and get shell drivers club/v-power points from m&s online spend which in theory will convert to ba miles
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
When can we expect the February vouchers to be posted?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 4:07 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Furton
When can we expect the February vouchers to be posted?
My autoconverting accounts miles have creditted
Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by the stig
You sure? This seems a bit too early. Mine not showing, and Feb conversions in the past have been on 17th in 2007 and 19th in 2008.

With any luck this is a shift to quicker processing time. ^ Any other autoconverters received already?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
You sure? This seems a bit too early. Mine not showing, and Feb conversions in the past have been on 17th in 2007 and 19th in 2008.

With any luck this is a shift to quicker processing time. ^ Any other autoconverters received already?
nope, nothing here!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: Meh!
Nothing in the way of bonus points but an interesting £9 Finest meal offer on-line at the moment: (my options) bottle of wine (£9.99 Italian sparkling) + main course (£4.00) + side dish (£1.97) + dessert (£2.49) all for £9.00

So the lot for 99p less than the wine alone. Even allowing for the wine being £4.99 at Xmas its not a bad price. Looks quaffable - but not as a Valentine's Special Meal.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:49 am

Tesco Finest Chicken With Mushrooms & Madeira Sauce
Write a note
£3.99(£9.98/kg)
How manyT.Finest Toad In The Hole 535g
Write a note
£4.59(£8.58/kg)
How manyTesco Finest* Breaded Cod Fishcake Andgruyere Sauce 420g
See Cheaper Alternatives!
Write a note
£3.50(£8.33/kg)
How manyTesco Finest Steak Au Poivre 450g
Write a note
£4.00(£8.89/kg)
How manyTesco Finest Creamy Mash 500g
Write a note
£1.60(£3.20/kg)
How manyT.Finest Spinach & Mascarpone 250g
Write a note
£2.00(£8.00/kg)
How manyTesco Finest* Potato Dauphinoise 450g
Write a note
£1.97(£4.38/kg)
How manyTesco Finest 2 Raspberry Pannacotta 340g
Write a note
£1.98(£0.58/100g)
How manyTesco Finest 2pkmorello Cherry Sponge Pudding
Write a note
£1.99(£0.77/100g)
How manyTesco Finest Tarte Au Chocolate 2 Pack 195g
Write a note
£2.49(£1.28/100g)
How manyMaschio Proseccospumante Extra Dry 75cl
Write a note
£9.99(£9.99/75cl)
How manyTesco Finest Navarra Rose 75cl
See Cheaper Alternatives!
Write a note
£6.14(£6.14/75cl)
There are your options
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by the stig
Sorry guys OH told me BA miles it was Airmiles
Old Feb 6, 2009, 1:17 pm

Received by email today:

"Dear Customer,

We've noticed that you haven't placed a grocery shop with us for a while, and we hope that we haven't let you down.

Please don't forget how easy and convenient it is to shop online. All the purchases you've made online and in-store are still kept in 'My Favourites'.

And because we'd really like to welcome you back, we'll give you £7.50 off your next grocery order when you spend £75 or more.

eCoupon code: XX-DXQR
Valid on deliveries up to and including 15 February 2009

So why not let us do your shopping for you again soon?"

No if only this had been "we'll give you 750 points when you spend £75 or more"...

I have no intention of trying to find £75 worth of stuff to buy that I don't really need without extra points so if anybody wants to try and use this code feel free. "We hope we havent let you down"... hmmmm.....
Old Feb 6, 2009, 1:26 pm

tesco tossers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.