Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
600 mile Tesco Bonus

Not sure if this has been convered as yet but just recieved this from the EC-

The bonus is mentioned at the bottom, basically convert miles before the end of September for 600 bonus miles

I like the Ł80 a week, per year will get you to Paris. I've made more than that last month buying wine!!

Dear Cap'n,

Did you know that Ł2.50 of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers can be converted into
600 BA Miles? At that rate, your weekly shop will quickly turn into a reward flight.

How quickly? Well, if you spend Ł80 per week at Tesco over the year, your Tesco Clubcard Points will earn you over 9,000 BA Miles*. That's enough for a return flight to Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Geneva**.

Convert your Vouchers now

What's more, convert your Clubcard Vouchers into BA Miles by
30 September 2009 and we'll give you an extra 600 bonus BA Miles on top of the BA Miles you would normally earn***.

So why not convert your Clubcard Vouchers into BA Miles now? Don't already have a Clubcard? Just pop into any Tesco store to pick one up.

Who knows, next time you go to Tesco you could end up in Paris.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Back to that one again!!

Think that this bonus miles offer for converting is targeted and you will have a link in the email to follow to be able to get your bonus miles ?

im sure that i had the bonus about 6 months ago

CS
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by dmahon
The most important thing is that when they do call the police, you call the local newspaper and tell them to send a photographer down pronto. Will make a great story and will ensure the interest of more senior people at Tesco.
Yeah, it's a shame ajamieson doesn't know an advocating journalist who runs his own consumer affairs column

Got the 600 miles for conversion offer as well
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Back to that one again!!

Think that this bonus miles offer for converting is targeted and you will have a link in the email to follow to be able to get your bonus miles ?

im sure that i had the bonus about 6 months ago

CS
Seems daft to target someone who has converted Tesco points to miles once a quarter for the last few years!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Seems daft to target someone who has converted Tesco points to miles once a quarter for the last few years!

Thats what i thought!

1 out of the 3 of us had the offer 6 months ago (me) iv been converting miles from tesco for years!

the other 2 are newer converters and they didnt get the offer! ( maybe this time they will )

CS
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: BA
Last quarter was my first ever time converting to BA Miles (use to do airmiles), and I received the email for 600 bonus miles (which I'll happily accept when my CC mail arrives).

I don't autoconvert - perhaps that makes a difference ?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by malkie
Last quarter was my first ever time converting to BA Miles (use to do airmiles), and I received the email for 600 bonus miles (which I'll happily accept when my CC mail arrives).

How do you set up the autoconversion? I always turned mine into BAEC miles and its a pain in the arse typing those numbers in!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by malkie

I do autoconvert, and I've just got the email .
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
is this really targeted? I got the email from BAEC but I thought it was just a 'normal' special offer.... ie, don't have to follow the link to ensure I got the 600 bonus miles? Simply convert clubcard points as I normally would do and will get the 600 bonus miles?

I also got a similar email last 1/4r but just AFTER i'd converted my vouchers so missed out.

At this rate I'll be spending a lot more time in Club World next year than I had anticipated.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: BA gold
Bonus 600 miles

My wife received the offer so i wondered....

Does this mean 600 miles per transaction, i.e. my first mailing has just arrived with 3 vouchers therefore 3 codes. If i credited them via tesco deals site to my wifes BAEC account on 3 separate occasions would she get 3 sets of 600 miles?

If this is the case it would be pretty good for us as we get several mailings
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
It's a one off per account, and it's targeted. Mrs Roger got the offer this time, I didn't. Last time, we both got the offer and both converted.

It was a timely reminder to do something with the points expiring on 31/08.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Roger
It's a one off per account, and it's targeted. Mrs Roger got the offer this time, I didn't. Last time, we both got the offer and both converted.

It was a timely reminder to do something with the points expiring on 31/08.
Beg to differ. I converted for the first time last quarter and was credited the 600 miles on 26-Jun. I received the same E-mail today - with the closing date of 30-Sep.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
The bonus 600 miles, has been sent to all 4 of my HHA members.

Last time it was only sent to me, and I was the member who converts all Tesco Vouchers to BA Miles.

Last time I converted a voucher in Feb and received the bonus miles in April.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by gonesouth
Beg to differ.

I don't understand you. As I said, my wife got the offer last time and this time. What's to differ?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by continentalclub
I do autoconvert, and I've just got the email .

Me too.....though I wonder whether its worth reverting to vouchers if they are going to keep sending out these emails?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.