Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
When I discovered that Ocado will deliver 40 litres of water at once - and do so reliably every time - it became the only delivery service I use.
My tap delivers 15 Litres per minute, so I use that for my water.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:16 am

Like you, I think that delivery is ideal for lots of heavy items bought in bulk

When I discovered that Ocado will deliver 40 litres of water at once - and do so reliably every time - it became the only delivery service I use.
Isn't it absurd?

I tried to order a large quantity of Evian when a buy one get one free offer was running. Tesco actually telephoned me to let me know that they were not going to accept my order as the service "was not designed for this". Thankfully, their limit was very high back then (I think around 30 of the same item) and I only wanted six above the limit so it did not inconvenience me too much.

They don't read substitution notes properly either, I found. The slight weirdness of having to order things based on the price that applies at the time of delivery is also kind of annoying, and last time I used them they turned up late. At one point, I wanted to order some champagne to the office and that was somewhat arbitrarily prohibited because it was not a residential address.

Frankly, I would not bother with them at all were it not for the 1000 point offers - which have now disappeared, so I guess that's that.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:26 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by _nate
Isn't it absurd?

I tried to order a large quantity of Evian when a buy one get one free offer was running. Tesco actually telephoned me to let me know that they were not going to accept my order as the service "was not designed for this". Thankfully, their limit was very high back then (I think around 30 of the same item) and I only wanted six above the limit so it did not inconvenience me too much.

They don't read substitution notes properly either, I found. The slight weirdness of having to order things based on the price that applies at the time of delivery is also kind of annoying, and last time I used them they turned up late. At one point, I wanted to order some champagne to the office and that was somewhat arbitrarily prohibited because it was not a residential address.

Frankly, I would not bother with them at all were it not for the 1000 point offers - which have now disappeared, so I guess that's that.
It's very clear from the business papers today that Tesco do seem to have lost the plot. A company which believes at any time but in particular in the current economic environment that they can irritate their customers and dictate arbitrary and soviet-style terms are heading for a shock.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they see the writing on the wall. For some it is in fact too late. For various reason we have 3 deliveries scheduled to different addresses from Ocado in the next 8 days. I even found some Gruner Veltliner ..............
Old Jan 11, 2009, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
My tap delivers 15 Litres per minute, so I use that for my water.
Is it fizzy?

If so, how can I get one of those taps?

And OT: Is it true that the hotel at Alton Towers has three taps - for hot, cold, and fizzy orange?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Is it fizzy?

And OT: Is it true that the hotel at Alton Towers has three taps - for hot, cold, and fizzy orange?
Sodastream!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Corpt
I thought Shell Drivers Club converted to Airmiles not BA Miles. Can anyone clarify please?
shell drivers club and shell v-power points do convert to BA miles with a little persuasion either by email or with the Turkish call cantre.

The rate isnt brilliant but as our work vehicles have shell fuel cards and they seem to drink diesel like its cola its a win win situation for me!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is the new 2009 Tesco thread. Our friendly moderators will be along soon to lock the 2008 thread!

I mention the Priority Club credit card in the credit card section above. It's worth noting that you can get a whopping 25,000 PC points by applying for the card via this link - https://www.online-card.co.uk/ihg/pa...ginCode=PD0390 - which are worth 5,000 BA Miles. Or a night in a Holiday Inn.

I signed up for this and had my first statement quoting 10,000 pc points!

after several long phone conversations with the customer services line which is in fact barclaycard they have agreed to credit me with the extra 15k points! just thought everyone should be aware of the fact that the customer service number are denying all knowledge of the 25k offer and only after providing them with the url to the offer did they admit that it existed!

its almost as if they knew that i only took out the card to get the points and not to actually have the card because of the poor rate!

does anyone know how long it takes for the pc points to post to the pc account from visa ?

on a side note regarding the tesco and ba master thread, big ^ to Raffles

lets not all forget about Tesco CC+. 2 points per £ spent in tesco
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by Roger
Really? I haven't received any notice of change to the T+Cs and recent purchases were credited 1:1. Are we talking about the same card? Mine's the 'Finest' = platinum Visa.

If true, it would certainly diminish Tesco's relevance to me.
Just bumping this as I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

I have the Finest Platinum Mastercard (was a Visa but Tesco changed to M/C a couple of years back).

Maybe I'll do a test in the next few days to find out. How long after a transaction does the credit card points show on a store receipt?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Is it fizzy?

You could try here
Yes at least in one room they did, there did used to be the Coca-Cola Fizzy Room, where the Black stuff used to be available on tap However this was replaced and there is now the Celebration Room where you have the room themed by Coke, and a Coke fridge stocked with it though.

There are a variety of themed rooms, some that have useful themes like the Chocolate room with chocolate themed furnishings and a machine that dispenses Cadburys...

I was told that the Nemesis room had a toilet that talked to you which I found Weird. These rooms are not cheap and for some reason are booked up months/years ahead if you fancy going. I have heard that they are not great vaule for money anymore and if you can find somewhere else locally it may be advisable. YMMV

Last edited by Jimmie76; Jan 13, 2009 at 11:21 am
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I signed up for this and had my first statement quoting 10,000 pc points!

after several long phone conversations with the customer services line which is in fact barclaycard they have agreed to credit me with the extra 15k points! just thought everyone should be aware of the fact that the customer service number are denying all knowledge of the 25k offer and only after providing them with the url to the offer did they admit that it existed!

its almost as if they knew that i only took out the card to get the points and not to actually have the card because of the poor rate!

does anyone know how long it takes for the pc points to post to the pc account from visa?
I had a chat with stroppy jobsworth about this a few days ago. They wouldn't budge on the extra 15k (and my first statement hasn't even arrived yet). How did you do it?

In answer to your question, there were some posts about this in the IHG forum and some people have been waiting for up to 4 months for these points to credit to their account.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
I had a chat with stroppy jobsworth about this a few days ago. They wouldn't budge on the extra 15k (and my first statement hasn't even arrived yet). How did you do it?

In answer to your question, there were some posts about this in the IHG forum and some people have been waiting for up to 4 months for these points to credit to their account.

well it wasnt easy and im still not convinced that the extra 15k points will show up but they have said that they will !

took one half hour phone conversation with the promise of a call back which never happened and a further long call which again provided them the url to the offer and i was promised that the points would be credited..... oh and the mention of breach of contract and contacting the financial ombudsman!!

my suggestion would be to take a printout of the offer and contact them again, speak to a supervisor etc etc etc and use the same tact as me, they should budge if you tell them that you signed up from that offer and have been credited the wrong points?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Nice one, I think I'll give it a shot.

A little more on topic now, anyone had clubcard points credit to miles only to be emailed by Tesco to say BA has rejected them? My miles are here and now Tesco has emailed me to say they are recrediting them. Interesting and potentially doubling the value. I haven't done anything to lead them to think they didn't credit btw
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
I received the following link offering 1000 points bonus for signing up to tesco diets. The cheapest option is £2.99 per week for 10 weeks. £29.90.

http://www.tescodiets.com/index.cfm?...r=1000clubcard
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by oyster

I have the Finest Platinum Mastercard (was a Visa but Tesco changed to M/C a couple of years back).

Maybe I'll do a test in the next few days to find out. How long after a transaction does the credit card points show on a store receipt?
I've still got the Finest Platinum Visa, but I have thought that the last couple of points statements were on the low side. I seem to recall that when I signed up that you earned 1 point per £2 spent anywhere, but 1 point for £1 spent at tesco.com.

Having read this, I'll look into this a bit more.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Mysteriouser and mysteriouser.

I paid £105 at a Tesco Metro on Sunday. Checking online at tesco.com yesterday, my points balance had increased by 105, which would be the Clubcard points for the purchase.

Today, the balance had increased by just 52, implying the credit card points for the purchase. I had no other relevant transactions.

Checking earning rates with Clubcard customer service produced a confused person (at both ends of the line) and information which just wouldn't stand up.

Checking with credit card customer services produced the information I had expected: 2 points per £ spent at Tesco stores, being one for the purchase and one for the credit card. The doubts in my mind only arose when the guy said (i) that using the credit card outside Tesco produced one point per pound - I know this is wrong and (ii) that TPF only advise Clubcard of points earned once a quarter - I'm sure this is wrong too as points are converted by transaction and added to the online running total.

I have the Finest Platinum Mastercard (was a Visa but Tesco changed to M/C a couple of years back).?
Did you change or was it Tesco? I wonder if your card has been 'enhanced' with the lower earning rate?

How long after a transaction does the credit card points show on a store receipt?
They don't show instantly, just the Clubcard points. You can check on a subsequent purchase because the next receipt will have an updated balance as at the day before showing TPF bonus points, which could also include points earned with other financial transactions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.