Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by luxury_travel
Have you register with Shell Drivers Club? That could also transfer to BA Miles as well
I thought Shell Drivers Club converted to Airmiles not BA Miles. Can anyone clarify please?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:13 pm

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
My first post this year so first of all Happy New Year to everyone.

Originally Posted by NGEddie
Tescos have just introduced double points on their fuel
I heard this last week and took advantage on Saturday on my way down to London. I must say that I did cartwheels when I got them as I have a new job where I get paid mileage as opposed to having a fuel card. Result equals;

2 Points £ on fuel
1 Point £ on ClubCard Plus

LandRover Discovery = £70+ / fill

Therefore 210 Points / fill @ 800 BA Miles : 250 ClubCard Points = 672+ BA Miles every time I fill up
Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:24 pm

There are still 250 points available on any wine order from tesco.com/wine if paying with a Tesco Credit Card - expires 18 January 2009, use code XX-CHEER (plus something on here about 500 points with a child health plan, if you apply by tomorrow)

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal...time-only.html
Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Corpt
I thought Shell Drivers Club converted to Airmiles not BA Miles. Can anyone clarify please?

BA Miles transfers are only for customers who had this set up on the old PlusPoints scheme.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by trickster
BA Miles transfers are only for customers who had this set up on the old PlusPoints scheme.
OK, shame, but thanks for clarifying...
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Airmiles
Originally Posted by Teece
Your mistake is believing the Tesco marketing for their card. The 5 points per £4 they quote includes the 4 clubcard points you'd get no matter what payment method you used. The additional 1 point for the £4 when using the Tesco MC means that the miles accrued directly via the Amex makes Amex the better payment method to use.
Thanks for the clarification - very misleading from Tesco! Thankfully I've always used my Amex PP card to date

Here is the revised calculation:

Spend £60 in Tesco

Tesco Mastercard Points 15 = 180 BA MILES
Tesco Points 60 = 144 BA MILES
Total 180 BA MILES

BA Amex Premium PLus = 90 BA MILES
Total 234 BA MILES
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Bonnyrock
Spend £60 in Tesco

Tesco Mastercard Points 15 = 180 BA MILES
Total 180 BA MILES
Something not quite right here.

See post #14 for some examples based on £100 spend.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by Roger
Something not quite right here.

See post #14 for some examples based on £100 spend.
Roger, post #14 is for general spend, whereas the above is for spend at Tesco, hence extra CC points.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Teece
Roger, post #14 is for general spend, whereas the above is for spend at Tesco, hence extra CC points.
No.

180 + 144 does not equal 180.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
No.

180 + 144 does not equal 180.
No, but the total is correct, for spend at Tesco (the first value should be 36, not 180).
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is the new 2009 Tesco thread. Our friendly moderators will be along soon to lock the 2008 thread!

I mention the Priority Club credit card in the credit card section above. It's worth noting that you can get a whopping 25,000 PC points by applying for the card via this link - https://www.online-card.co.uk/ihg/pa...ginCode=PD0390 - which are worth 5,000 BA Miles. Or a night in a Holiday Inn.
Well thank you kind Sir. Job well done.....^
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:16 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Radioman
Well thank you kind Sir. Job well done.....^

Just be aware that we were unlucky and struggled to get the points from the last offer. In fact after lot's of coms and promises Mrs UK1 is still 10K points short.

On the Tesco front I said some time ago that I thought the points bonanza was at a permanent end and it does seem so.

As a consequence we have just received our first order from Ocado.
Absolute chalk and cheese. What a difference. Accurate delivery time. Half-hour delivery slots at good times. £15 off of order. EVERYTHING that was ordered was in stock and delivered. Much longer expiry dates and a firm date guarantee with an online list showing earliest guaranteed expiry dates. Better range because it's a central warehouse - things we cannot get in our local Waitrose or Tesco. Tesco price matching. Bottle of good wine free with next order. A free Times. "We always like to check the eggs sir - to make sure they're all OK". "Would you like me to take them to the kitchen and unpack?". Better (in my view) web site ordering. Loads of goodies heavilly discounted (I fancied a Christmas Pudding!).

The winds of change .................

Last edited by uk1; Jan 9, 2009 at 2:26 am
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
The winds of change .................
Are Tesco deliberately getting to be difficult and user-unfriendly?

After Tesco credit card switched me to online statements, they agreed to continue snailmail statements.

I needed to check an item online this morning. After going through the security process, I got a page telling me they're migrating to online processing. I could decline and continue to account, or accept. I declined (of course) and got back to the timed-out logon page. I repeated the process, and got the timed-out login page again.

In the end, I accepted - the only way to get to my account - and will disaccept when I get the chance.

Add in the dearth of points promotions these days and it's not a happy situation. (Did you see that Sainsbury's had their best ever pre-Christmas business? )
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:37 am
uk1
Suspended

Are Tesco deliberately getting to be difficult and user-unfriendly?

(Did you see that Sainsbury's had their best ever pre-Christmas business? )
I remember clearly (I think it was when they originally started to introduce the Finest range and were transiting from merely very cheap) that they were going to "take over the world". They were always first in things. Green Shield stamps, POS, on-line, lateral integration etc. And then the points. But they seem to have stopped developing and others have fought back. I think they think that they have to concentrate solely on lowest prices and can't do points and prices. And isn't there a bit of a feeling amongst us points tarts that they saw us and treated us at times as though we were the enemy rather than customers?

The online finance is a fiasco. I opened an internet saver 7 months ago and I couldn't get back into it. It seems unduly complicated with passwords, memorable dates, account numbers, extra numbers etc. Having only got a few quid in it I gave up. Had another go recently and managed to get in. Transferred a heavy sum in and then a few days ago decided to do some transfers. This was the first time the little box was mentioned. I need a little box to put the card in to get the code to do on-line payments. So I had to order one. Some web sites have said people are waiting yonks for the box. Evidently on-line requests for the box were misdirected and lost. People waited for a box that didn;t arrive. It does seem a complete shambles although the rates are OK for the moment.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by uk1
This was the first time the little box was mentioned. I need a little box to put the card in to get the code to do on-line payments. So I had to order one. Some web sites have said people are waiting yonks for the box. Evidently on-line requests for the box were misdirected and lost. People waited for a box that didn;t arrive. It does seem a complete shambles although the rates are OK for the moment.
OT, but if you've got an RBS or Natwest account (or know someone who has), try that little box with your Tesco account. I know the Natwest/RBS ones are compatible with accounts at the other, and given that Tesco Personal Finance was (is - pending sale) a joint venture with the two, I'd imagine that it might just work....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.