Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's happened to EuroTraveller seats for non-BA OWEs?

Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:17 am
Original Poster

I'm wondering if there has been a recent change to pre-allocation of EuroTraveller seats for non-BA OneWorld Emeralds?

Until fairly recently (maybe at least until the last 3 months?) I was able to pre-allocate any seat for EuroTraveller as a non-BA OneWorld Emerald, when I booked on the same fare band as I did this time.

But today I tried to pre-allocate for three flights, and the first available row to me is Row 9 for all three flights.
I find it highly unlikely that anyone would have pre-allocated themselves a middle seat, so I do not think that row 8 and forward have been chosen by someone already.

Does anyone know if this is a recent change that has taken away some of the advantages of non-BA OWEs? Can BA Gold still pre-allocate row 8 and forward?

This is not so much a complaint (although it would have been nice to be able to allocate myself a more forward seat) - I'm curious because I'm considering switching my main FF program with OW.

Or, is the available of seats for pre-allocation based on fare band now?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This is very similar to my recent experience, all seats forward of row 9 or 10 blocked. They will be released closer to departure presumably once the CE numbers are more certain. Checking MMB three days prior to departure has allowed me to snag a seat in the front row of ET.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
It has been this way for all ever since ET pre-allocation came in. It is for curtain moves as noted above.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:23 am
Original Poster

I see, thank you, I shall remember to check back in later to allocate myself a better one then.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by AusEuroFlyer
I see, thank you, I shall remember to check back in later to allocate myself a better one then.
Don't forget that from 23 Feb, the E seat in Club Europe will not be sold and if the maps are to be believed the E seat behind the curtain will not be sold either. However the sceptics amongst us don't believe this. Proof will be in the pudding as they say!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OPebble
Don't forget that from 23 Feb, the E seat in Club Europe will not be sold and if the maps are to be believed the E seat behind the curtain will not be sold either. However the sceptics amongst us don't believe this. Proof will be in the pudding as they say!
I'm hoping to grab a C seat just behind the curtain, but thank you for the reminder, as E may well have been my 'backup option'.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by AusEuroFlyer
I'm hoping to grab a C seat just behind the curtain, but thank you for the reminder, as E may well have been my 'backup option'.
Or perhaps "D"?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Well yes D (or any other non-middle seat in that row, inc A and F) would have been my preference over and above E (in fact I might rather sit in an aisle seat in a 'normal' row than a middle seat).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.