FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Will/can BA issue an AA domestic boarding pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/901229-will-can-ba-issue-aa-domestic-boarding-pass.html)

AGSF Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Will/can BA issue an AA domestic boarding pass

Will/ can BA issue an AA domestic US boarding pass at LHR if the AA flight is not on the same intinerary/ticket number as the BA flight, and not a BA codeshare?

doreenmc Dec 19, 2008 6:36 pm

I asked that question at LHR yesterday and was told no, my later domestic flight out of ORD on AA was not showing in their system (even though I had put in my BAEC number) ... later ended up in an interminable queue to check-in for F at ORD (short staffed due to illness, they said) ... in fact, it was a day for queues for F as I was gently requested to go to another desk, the T5 F area in LHR being chockablock at 9am yesterday

millionmiler Dec 19, 2008 6:56 pm

I have a lot of data on this and the answer is usually yes, sometimes no.

Often when BA will not issue a BP the agent tells me confidently that it is never possible. I used to argue but don't anymore.

Its a similar story with QF.

Night Flyer Dec 19, 2008 7:06 pm

If it's of any consolation, even if BA issues a boarding pass in this circumstance it will be on BA stock and AA will make you let them reissue it on AA stock before you board the AA flight anyway. So you'd still have to stop by an AA kiosk or desk between flights.

At least that has been my experience in all instances where I have had BA print my AA boarding pass.

AGSF Dec 19, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks...

Do the lounges at T5 have printers? I've never had to print anything, so I don't recall. It just occurred to me that I can do OLCI from a lounge and print out the bp there. If there are printers, of course.

doreenmc Dec 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by AGSF (Post 10937273)
Do the lounges at T5 have printers? I've never had to print anything, so I don't recall. It just occurred to me that I can just do OLCI from a lounge and print out the bp there. If there are printers, of course.

Yes, that's just what I did - from a printer in the "Boardroom" in F Lounge ... presume Galleries would have printers too :confused:

Still had to queue as had one bag (not the expected three) to check in ... and yes, new boarding passes issued

Dave Noble Dec 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Night Flyer (Post 10937216)
If it's of any consolation, even if BA issues a boarding pass in this circumstance it will be on BA stock and AA will make you let them reissue it on AA stock before you board the AA flight anyway. So you'd still have to stop by an AA kiosk or desk between flights.

At least that has been my experience in all instances where I have had BA print my AA boarding pass.

I have had no issues using a QF issued BP for domestic flights. for international flights, I have had to change BPs

Dave

Night Flyer Dec 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 10937361)
I have had no issues using a QF issued BP for domestic flights. for international flights, I have had to change BPs

Dave

Any chance the AA flights were QF codeshares? If not, then I suppose our different experiences just further prove the fickle nature of air travel.

Dave Noble Dec 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Night Flyer (Post 10937409)
Any chance the AA flights were QF codeshares? If not, then I suppose our different experiences just further prove the fickle nature of air travel.

Nope. Just AA domestic sectors checked in for from Sydney

Dave

number_6 Dec 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 10937361)

Dave

That is correct -- all US airlines, not just AA, must issue their own BP for all pax on international flights to/from the US (this is a TSA requirement).

BA can always issue a BP for AA domestic flight, on the same or different PNR; but many agents are too lazy or don't know how, and just say that they cannot. So try a different agent, or print your own.

SpeedbirdLHR Dec 20, 2008 4:00 am

Originally Posted by number_6 (Post 10937517)
BA can always issue a BP for AA domestic flight, on the same or different PNR; but many agents are too lazy or don't know how, and just say that they cannot. So try a different agent, or print your own.

I find that somewhat offensive. Generally the system will automatically attempt to check passengers in for any connecting flights, however, there can be numerous reasons why it doesn't happen. Provided the onward flight details is in the booking, it is all automatic. If the system doesn't do this automatically, we can and do try to do it manually. However, it could often depend on the status of the other airlines flight, the ticket status or even simply the link to the other airline not working at that time. It also has to be on the list of airlines that we have systems in place to do this with. When we do say that we can't get the onward boarding pass, it is because the system won't allow it and not because we don't want to or don't know how.

When QF starting introducing their new system, we had issues with issuing onward boarding passes. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. This now seems to be resolved.