Natuzzi - An antidote to F withdrawl symptoms

Old Dec 19, 08, 8:32 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK (currently)
Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Posts: 6,409
Natuzzi - An antidote to F withdrawl symptoms

I was wondering whether anyone else had happened across this rather brash brand of furniture, which - in my very personal opinion - has little to commend it.

However, what it does have is a rather wonderful electric reclining leather armchair (or row of several attached) which when reclining has very much the feel of an F seat performing the same operation, and even comes complete with a light on a stalk uncannily similar to the F reading light.

2009 is likely to be a year of reduced travel opportunities, but I think that regular visits to the Natuzzi showroom may help as an antidote to the withdrawal symptoms I thought I would share this with anyone else in a similar position
Frequentflyer99 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 8:41 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,449
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
I was wondering whether anyone else had happened across this rather brash brand of furniture, which - in my very personal opinion - has little to commend it.
That's a bit harsh! We have two rather nice (understated) leather sofas from Natuzzi which we are very happy with.
aristoph is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 8:48 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Posts: 25,603
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
2009 is likely to be a year of reduced travel opportunities
Large pile of miles ...

Very little work to do ...

BA half-price miles sale and the forthcoming demise of BMI Diamond Club ...

Personally I'm planning a very heavy travel schedule next year, albeit 100% miles funded! Maldives in January, Tokyo / Singapore in May, New York in July, Germany in July (!), Dubai in October, Cape Town in November ....
Raffles is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 9:50 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,536
Natuzzi - Went in there in August. They are one of the biggest furniture producers in Italy. IMO trying to move their brand into Retail parks such as Lakeside was a mistake, they are too highly priced for those places in this environment.
nonsoloinglese is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 9:55 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,449
Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese View Post
Natuzzi - Went in there in August. They are one of the biggest furniture producers in Italy. IMO trying to move their brand into Retail parks such as Lakeside was a mistake, they are too highly priced for those places in this environment.
You mean you can buy them outside of Selfridges!
aristoph is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 10:11 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK (currently)
Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Posts: 6,409
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Large pile of miles ...

Very little work to do ...

BA half-price miles sale and the forthcoming demise of BMI Diamond Club ...

Personally I'm planning a very heavy travel schedule next year, albeit 100% miles funded! Maldives in January, Tokyo / Singapore in May, New York in July, Germany in July (!), Dubai in October, Cape Town in November ....
Yes, there is always the miles mountain, but I have rather got used to other people bearing the cost of my travel. In any event how are we going to afford to stay anywhere at 1 = 1 or worse ?? Perhaps a change of mindset is required !!
Frequentflyer99 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 10:17 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Posts: 5,463
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Large pile of miles ...

Very little work to do ...

BA half-price miles sale and the forthcoming demise of BMI Diamond Club ...

Personally I'm planning a very heavy travel schedule next year, albeit 100% miles funded! Maldives in January, Tokyo / Singapore in May, New York in July, Germany in July (!), Dubai in October, Cape Town in November ....
Must be nice....

Not many miles left (or cash to cover the fees)

Too much work, not enough time....



Off to the pub now to drink gin and sulk
CT-UK is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 10:33 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Posts: 4,001
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
Yes, there is always the miles mountain, but I have rather got used to other people bearing the cost of my travel. In any event how are we going to afford to stay anywhere at 1 = 1 or worse ?? Perhaps a change of mindset is required !!
Quite. Maybe 2009 could be Visit Britain year!
PhilH is offline  
Old Dec 20, 08, 2:06 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lithgow, NSW
Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Posts: 1,049
Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese View Post
Natuzzi - Went in there in August. They are one of the biggest furniture producers in Italy. IMO trying to move their brand into Retail parks such as Lakeside was a mistake, they are too highly priced for those places in this environment.
We have one down the end the main road off my street. Oddest place ever for one considering I live on the outer edges of Chav central. (It was the inner edge until the strip mall down the other end tarted itself up and we started getting the poshites in to eat at the resturants - only decent Japanese in town).
TIMP is offline  
Old Dec 20, 08, 4:40 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
Posts: 427
I too have one Natuzzi sofa at home. It's pretty nice, don't have an electric chair part to mine tho' since it's a design slightly different from the conventional looking ones...
Shinigami is offline  
Old Dec 21, 08, 1:23 am
  #11  
MME
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA*G, KLM*PE
Posts: 12
No-tuzzi more like.

As they recently unpacked my posh sofa and the animals branding mark was visible on the leather the reaction of the delivery man was- Oh, had another like that, see you later to pick it up. Try MFI for a higher quality item!!!!
MME is offline  
Old Dec 21, 08, 6:59 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,231
I'm sure you can find one or two nice pieces in their showrooms (obviously the posters to this thread have ), but to my mind it's Land of Leather with ideas above it's station
Skimo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread