Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Natuzzi - An antidote to F withdrawl symptoms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

I was wondering whether anyone else had happened across this rather brash brand of furniture, which - in my very personal opinion - has little to commend it.

However, what it does have is a rather wonderful electric reclining leather armchair (or row of several attached) which when reclining has very much the feel of an F seat performing the same operation, and even comes complete with a light on a stalk uncannily similar to the F reading light.

2009 is likely to be a year of reduced travel opportunities, but I think that regular visits to the Natuzzi showroom may help as an antidote to the withdrawal symptoms I thought I would share this with anyone else in a similar position
Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I was wondering whether anyone else had happened across this rather brash brand of furniture, which - in my very personal opinion - has little to commend it.
That's a bit harsh! We have two rather nice (understated) leather sofas from Natuzzi which we are very happy with.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
2009 is likely to be a year of reduced travel opportunities
Large pile of miles ...

Very little work to do ...

BA half-price miles sale and the forthcoming demise of BMI Diamond Club ...

Personally I'm planning a very heavy travel schedule next year, albeit 100% miles funded! Maldives in January, Tokyo / Singapore in May, New York in July, Germany in July (!), Dubai in October, Cape Town in November ....
Old Dec 19, 2008, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Natuzzi - Went in there in August. They are one of the biggest furniture producers in Italy. IMO trying to move their brand into Retail parks such as Lakeside was a mistake, they are too highly priced for those places in this environment.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese
Natuzzi - Went in there in August. They are one of the biggest furniture producers in Italy. IMO trying to move their brand into Retail parks such as Lakeside was a mistake, they are too highly priced for those places in this environment.
You mean you can buy them outside of Selfridges!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Large pile of miles ...

Personally I'm planning a very heavy travel schedule next year, albeit 100% miles funded! Maldives in January, Tokyo / Singapore in May, New York in July, Germany in July (!), Dubai in October, Cape Town in November ....
Yes, there is always the miles mountain, but I have rather got used to other people bearing the cost of my travel. In any event how are we going to afford to stay anywhere at €1 = Ł1 or worse ?? Perhaps a change of mindset is required !!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by Raffles
Large pile of miles ...

Must be nice....

Not many miles left (or cash to cover the fees)

Too much work, not enough time....

Off to the pub now to drink gin and sulk
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Yes, there is always the miles mountain, but I have rather got used to other people bearing the cost of my travel. In any event how are we going to afford to stay anywhere at €1 = Ł1 or worse ?? Perhaps a change of mindset is required !!
Quite. Maybe 2009 could be Visit Britain year!
Old Dec 20, 2008, 1:06 am

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese
We have one down the end the main road off my street. Oddest place ever for one considering I live on the outer edges of Chav central. (It was the inner edge until the strip mall down the other end tarted itself up and we started getting the poshites in to eat at the resturants - only decent Japanese in town).
Old Dec 20, 2008, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
I too have one Natuzzi sofa at home. It's pretty nice, don't have an electric chair part to mine tho' since it's a design slightly different from the conventional looking ones...
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:23 am
MME

Programs: BA*G, KLM*PE
No-tuzzi more like.

As they recently unpacked my posh sofa and the animals branding mark was visible on the leather the reaction of the delivery man was- Oh, had another like that, see you later to pick it up. Try MFI for a higher quality item!!!!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:59 am

I'm sure you can find one or two nice pieces in their showrooms (obviously the posters to this thread have ), but to my mind it's Land of Leather with ideas above it's station

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.