Urgently need advice: Late to JFK

Old Dec 18, 08, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Exclamation Urgently need advice: Late to JFK

I'm on the 174 in F tonight out of JFK. Flight departs at 7pm but I'm on a drive from Vermont that will take another 4 hours, putting me at JFK at 6.30pm.

I'm already checked in, bit who can I call to try to get on a later flight? I figure calling BA at JFK will be more helpful than calling the exec club.

Many thanks,

DSK7
Old Dec 18, 08, 2:02 pm

You'll be fine - they'll put you on a later flight if you miss yours... But they might let you on if you're 30 mins out.
Old Dec 18, 08, 2:14 pm

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
You might still make it if you turn up at F checkin at 6.30 (strictly no later).

Otherwise if I were you I'd call the exec club gold line and check loads on the later flights for peace of mind. Assuming they aren't all full in F (highly unlikely), if you turn up at 6.30 and they don't let you on the 174 they'll just switch you to a later one.
Old Dec 18, 08, 2:21 pm

Next two flights have 2 available in F, so you should be OK.
Old Dec 18, 08, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the replies. Ill call BA as well just in case.

Best,

DSK
Old Dec 18, 08, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
what was the outcome?
guess the OP is in the air at the moment but wonder what the outcome is when he lands!
Old Dec 18, 08, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

So having driven through bumper to bumper traffic from Vermont, I managed to get to JFK at 7.05 - flight was in final boarding.

I had spoken with the exec club, and moved my flight to tomorrow's 174. They had told me that that was an option earlier in the day, but it had to be done by the time the original flight was due to depart.

I still went to the airport to see if the airport staff could help me out and try to get me on a flight tonight, but the ticketing agent showed me the loads; -5 for most of the flight in F (5 overbooked), 0 in J & W, and -10 for two in Y.

Tough times.
Old Dec 18, 08, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Question: Does 6-10 inches of snow close down an airport like JFK?

I've just realized having looked at the forecast that I may not be able to be on tomorrow nights' flights either should the weather do its worst...
Old Dec 18, 08, 9:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dsk7 View Post
Question: Does 6-10 inches of snow close down an airport like JFK?

I've just realized having looked at the forecast that I may not be able to be on tomorrow nights' flights either should the weather do its worst...
That's a very good question. See my thread about connecting flights on a different PNR. I am following the advice of ShuttleBored and plan to spend a large part of my day at JFK to increase the chances of getting a flight out.

BTW The weather reports are starting to look a bit more optimistic.

Search this Thread