Wiki Posts
Search

Changing dates of half-price award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
Changing dates of half-price award tickets

Has anyone had any luck yet in successfully changing the dates of redemption tickets bought within the half-price sakle window without stumping up the additional 50% miles? I'm specifically thinking of moving to dates AFTER the 355 days limit.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by oyster
Has anyone had any luck yet in successfully changing the dates of redemption tickets bought within the half-price sakle window without stumping up the additional 50% miles? I'm specifically thinking of moving to dates AFTER the 355 days limit.
Well that will be a re ticket so it should force a complete rebooking

I've moved the return leg of my booking for an extra £1.20 in taxes
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by E14 26C
Well that will be a re ticket so it should force a complete rebooking

I've moved the return leg of my booking for an extra £1.20 in taxes
Why would changing dates be a 're-booking'?

Ok let me be more specific with dates - might help explain a bit clearer.
I booked on 28th Nov 09 for a departure on 1st Nov 09 and a return on 17th Nov 09. Can I now move the outbound to about 23rd Nov 09 and inbound to about 7th Dec (when that gets to the 355 day availability later this week)?

Just trying to get a feel for the situation before I speak to a(n) (un)knowledgeable sales agent on the phone.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
As I understood it, all travel on a reward ticket had to be made within 12 months as per EC T&C's. Going past 12 months would only be possible by cancelling the original ticket and issuing a new one which would be subject to 100% mileage not the 50% of the sale.

13.16. All Award travel must be completed within 12 months of the date of ticket issue.
David.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche

I booked on 28th Nov 09 for a departure on 1st Nov 09 and a return on 17th Nov 09. Can I now move the outbound to about 23rd Nov 09 and inbound to about 7th Dec (when that gets to the 355 day availability later this week)?

Just trying to get a feel for the situation before I speak to a(n) (un)knowledgeable sales agent on the phone.
I think you meant to say you booked on the 28th Nov 08
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
As I understood it, all travel on a reward ticket had to be made within 12 months as per EC T&C's. Going past 12 months would only be possible by cancelling the original ticket and issuing a new one which would be subject to 100% mileage not the 50% of the sale.
This is correct, and was reasonably well trailed in the original thread on the miles sale.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by David_Doyle

David.
Ahh okay, thanks for that.

I assume all travel means inbound as well? Pity but them's the rules I suppose.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 5:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Pity but them's the rules I suppose.
I think it would be called "ripping the arse out of it".

It was a fantastic deal, let's not push it.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 6:22 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I had to change the outbound time of my domsetic leg for a booking in December and was charged £30 for this - is that right? There were no differences in fees and i was told this was a charge for the change (despite the fact i couldnt make the change online).

Efin
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by efincomputer
I had to change the outbound time of my domsetic leg for a booking in December and was charged £30 for this - is that right? There were no differences in fees and i was told this was a charge for the change (despite the fact i couldnt make the change online).
Efin
IME if you explain when you call that you cannot make the change online then there will be no fee.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM

I successfully moved my booking forward to out 19 Nov, return 3 Dec. Done on the phone, because changing was greyed out online. No booking fee, but the taxes had gone up. Maybe when I change the date again, the taxes will go down.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
BA waived the telephone booking fee for me when the sales was on due to the website being overloaded and thus inaccessible. (BAEC Germany)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.