Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A bit O/T - BA AMEX PP in the UK and AMEX PLAT in the UAE

Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)

Hi all,

I have a BA Amex PP card for 241s and mileage at my address in the UK (which I'd like to keep going). My EC account is also registered in the UK at the same address.

I'm now working in Dubai (and being paid locally), so I quite fancy having an AMEX plat issued in the UAE for purchases I make in Dirhams over here.

If I were to apply for a Plat in the UAE, would AMEX take issue with this and the fact that I have an account in the UK at one address and an account in the UAE at another address (with two separate bank accounts). At the moment, all of my AMEX spending here in Dubai stings me for the 2.9% conversion fee.

Any insights gratefully received.

Thanks! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.