Social networking on BA

Old Dec 12, 08, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Question Social networking on BA

Really weird, the top half of my post vanished!

Anyway full post now....

Wouldn't it be great for BA.com to have some new fangled "social networking" gadgets for us to play with online.

A calendar such as BA97.com that automatically logs journeys and shares with friends.

Leave a note for the hotty in 64A asking them out on a date.

Ask the guy in 1A to swap seats for a few thousand miles.

BA could also personalise (and upgrade) the IFE. Just tap in a password and the IFE knows who you are through your seat reservation. If it's not you, you just log in. Before you take off it downloads all your emails and favourite sites.

Who knows maybe you could poke 64A after a few glasses of bubbly during a boring flight.

How else can we improve BA.com? We'll naturally send BA our invoices should they decide to use our improvements . . .

Last edited by Motors; Dec 12, 08 at 4:11 pm Reason: disappearing post
Old Dec 13, 08, 1:49 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Old Dec 13, 08, 3:04 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by OPebble View Post

to what? all of them or one/two in particular?

Personally, I like the idea of being able to pick from a selection of movies and it's ready waiting for you when you board.
Old Dec 13, 08, 6:05 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
CX used to put personalised greetings on the IFE for high-status pax to see when they first sat down. I always thought that was a cool (and in-expensive) nice touch. Does go a bit pear-shaped when there are late seat moves though.
Old Dec 13, 08, 6:13 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by ba.com helper View Post
to what? all of them or one/two in particular?

Personally, I like the idea of being able to pick from a selection of movies and it's ready waiting for you when you board.
I'd far rather BA focussed on delivering a high quality and consistent on board service than fiddling around with fringe technologies which a) are bound to go wrong and b) distract the Cabin Crew from the delivery of an impeccable service; oh yes and will lead to innumerable posts demanding recompense when the hotty in 64A turns you down!
Old Dec 13, 08, 12:54 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by OPebble View Post
I'd far rather BA focussed on delivering a high quality and consistent on board service than fiddling around with fringe technologies which a) are bound to go wrong and b) distract the Cabin Crew from the delivery of an impeccable service; oh yes and will lead to innumerable posts demanding recompense when the hotty in 64A turns you down!
Can't argue with your logic there, thanks for explaining.

How many miles would make up for being rejected
Old Dec 14, 08, 4:44 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by Motors View Post
Leave a note for the hotty in 64A asking them out on a date.

Ask the guy in 1A to swap seats for a few thousand miles.
For what it's worth, you can do this on Virgin America. They have free seat-to-seat chat onboard from every seat.

I tried it once but it was a night flight and the chat room was very quiet...
Old Dec 14, 08, 4:49 am

Programs: BA, bmi, FB, GF, WFC.
Pubs are for social networking not aircraft !

Been some dumb ideas on this board but this is in pole position, by some distance.

Old Dec 14, 08, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Well AF-KLM has bluenity - supposedly the worlds first social networking site run by an airline.

Reports on the Flying Blue forum suggest that they add a lot of fake names to the site to make it look more popular than it is... e.g. on a flight from Norwich to Amsterdam almost everyone on the flight had a French sounding name according to bluenity.
Old Dec 14, 08, 7:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'll excuse you for being fairly new to the site, but regardless, you should know that a lot of J and F pax are so up their own a$$ and demand privacy that airlines built coffins for them to prematurely rest in.

While I wouldn't want to start fratinising with a fellow passengers (although happy to have a natter if it transpires), I like the idea of a personalised IFE, with email, film suggestions based on EC pref's, book tranfers, olci for same/next day returns, and so on. Quite a lot of mileage in that one even if my suggestions are pretty lame.
Old Dec 14, 08, 7:44 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
64A ?

Isn't that a bassinet seat? So you are after a ....

Ha ha, the site censored my expression, four characters, starting with M.
Old Dec 15, 08, 2:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, DL 360
Originally Posted by Lobengula View Post
64A ?

Isn't that a bassinet seat? So you are after a ....

Ha ha, the site censored my expression, four characters, starting with M.
It's a smart move. Since it's a bassinet seat, any "social networking" will be camouflaged by the mewing of the bassinet occupant.

Cheers,

-Andrew
who prefers 64A to 62A

Search this Thread