Search

LHR Terminal 5 lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2008, 5:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
LHR Terminal 5 lounges

I like many FT-ers have a Plat AMEX that gives me priority pass lounge access, but i cant find a lounge for y upcoming trip out of LHR T5! Couldnt believe it! Are there any lounges we can get into with Amex or PP?

if not, any ideas how to make this terminal more enjoyable! thanks
Old Nov 27, 2008, 5:30 am

None I'm afraid - being a BA only terminal, only BA lounges - and BA isn't likely to open those up to PP customers ever....

I'm guessing in the shopping mall driven world that is BAA, stuffing a high end retail store came further up the list than giving up space to a pay per use lounge (which I'm guessing wouldn't be particularly lucrative).

In terms of alternatives, there are plenty of eating and drinking establishments to while away some time in - from Giraffe to Plane Food (see Swanhunter's review).
Old Nov 27, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Alternatively, have a look at the this thread and see if you can find a fellow FT'er with a BA Silver or Gold card to "guest" you into the BA lounge.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
I did not realize that the AMEX Premium card gave one access to lounges, not that it makes any difference as we always buy F or CW tickets, so access to BA lounges are automatic, and we still have Blue cards as our trips do not fall right into the yearly category to gain Silver.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by BA5E
I did not realize that the AMEX Premium card gave one access to lounges, not that it makes any difference as we always buy F or CW tickets, so access to BA lounges are automatic, and we still have Blue cards as our trips do not fall right into the yearly category to gain Silver.
There is a bit of confusion here. If you are a UK AMEX platinum card holder they provide Priority Pass for you and another card holder on the account. The Pt card also used to provide you with a BA AMEX Premium card at no charge. From my poor recollection the suggestion has been made in this forum that this is no longer the case but I have not been asked for a fee (yet!)
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:59 am
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
The Premium card doesn't get you in anywhere. The Amex Platinum card gets you into the Priority Pass lounges which most airports have. They're not usually very good though.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The Amex Premium card does not give lounge access ,only the Amex Platinum Charge Card ( on bmi ,it used to be virgin also ,and maybe eurostar)

I think it also gives access to some of the DL /CO lounges when flying with them and maybe the AA lounges ( not sure if this is for UK cardholders or only for US card members)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 29, 2008, 8:18 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The Amex Premium card does not give lounge access ,only the Amex Platinum Charge Card ( on bmi ,it used to be virgin also ,and maybe eurostar)

The Amex Centurion card also comes with free PP cards and also the BA/Amex card is free for black card holders.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thank you the banking scotland, may sound totally simple now, but what is the Amex Platinium Charge Card,
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:58 am

Quote from OPebble, I must be very slow on this link, but can you tell me what is the Amex Centurion Card? and how do I get hold of one. Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you the banking scotland, may sound totally simple now, but what is the Amex Platinium Charge Card,
Hi BA5E,

Details here;

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...00cef4ad94RCRD

There is also an American Express forum here on Flyertalk that might be useful.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Quote from OPebble, I must be very slow on this link, but can you tell me what is the Amex Centurion Card? and how do I get hold of one. Thanks
Otherwise known as the Amex Black card. Its by invitation only with high spend on a Plat card. You dont apply for it.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:24 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
You don't apply for one you get invited by Amex. It is rumoured a minimum of a 6 figure salary and a history of high spending with Amex. Annual fee is £650.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by OPebble
Annual fee is £650.
Lol at that sort of fee,wouldn't one be better off forgetting about their complimentary one and actually getting your own PP card?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Earthman
Lol at that sort of fee,wouldn't one be better off forgetting about their complimentary one and actually getting your own PP card?
Hi,

If you qualify for the Centurion card ( very high income), then I do not think you would notice the £650 per annum fee.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.