BA97 Lounge Calendar Master Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Is there a logo for Aerotucan (RTU I think?).
There is, and i've added it now
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks @csdf, @IMH and @AgEngineer for the bug report. That little search icon on the flight entry screen triggers a script running on the server-side which used to successfully scrape the flight details from Google Flights. Like all good screen scrapers it works just as long as it takes the target of the screen scraping to change their layout, which Google have, and rather than barfing quickly the script was perpetually spinning away and chewing up application pool resources which prevents the site from serving subsequent requests until IIS automatically spins up a new pool to take over. The 502 Bad Gateway responses indicate that - I front IIS with NGINX, and when NGINX is trying to proxy requests through to IIS and can't you get a 502. You are getting a response from the server then, so it's not your ISP or connectivity, just the server itself is saying "I'm broken".

Anyhow, as the search function wasn't working I've taken it away pending a return if and when I find another source to scrape or query for flight details.
IMH likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Now we just gotta ask BA97 what he thinks of this proposal
I am all in favour of this, but let me look at making a few changes first to treat the train companies a little differently to airlines in the database so stuff renders properly.

The issue may come with distances. Anyone know of a precompiled database of train stations with their latitude and longitude?!
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by BA97
I am all in favour of this, but let me look at making a few changes first to treat the train companies a little differently to airlines in the database so stuff renders properly.

The issue may come with distances. Anyone know of a precompiled database of train stations with their latitude and longitude?!
It's not got the lat/long, but Wikipedia has the list of railway stations with IATA codes, which may be a starter for 10.

IATA Railway Stations
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Nick Art
As far as I know, Eurostar is actually on the list already.
Eurostar is on the list - but the stations it serves aren't. I've cheated a little and taken Eurostar from London City to Charles de Gaulle but it would be great if QQS (St Pancras), XPG (Gare du Nord) and the other stations accessible by Eurostar could be added.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: ASLEF
If railway stations are added, please could you use CRS codes for UK stations that don't have an IATA code? E.g. BHM = Birmingham New Street. BNS = Barnes etc. A full and comprehensive list can be found at CRS, NLC, TIPLOC and STANOX codes
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:37 am

The ORR Station usage data set has northings and eastings if you can calculate longitude and latitudes from that? https://dataportal.orr.gov.uk/statis...great-britain/
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
If railway stations are added, please could you use CRS codes for UK stations that don't have an IATA code? E.g. BHM = Birmingham New Street. BNS = Barnes etc. A full and comprehensive list can be found at CRS, NLC, TIPLOC and STANOX codes
Only if you want it to become a complete mess with overlap between a suburban station and some airport in Alabama, as an example.

Last edited by BlueThroughCrimp; Aug 19, 2022 at 3:37 am Reason: Doh, it's not Kansas
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Only if you want it to become a complete mess with overlap between a suburban station and some airport in Kansas, as an example.
Maybe stick a railway identifier prefix to the codes to prevent any overlap/duplication? E.g. 'R' for Railway. Birmingham New Street's BHM becomes RBHM? I'm sure BA97 will come up with a better solution.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:44 am

Maybe stick a railway identifier prefix to the codes to prevent any overlap/duplication? E.g. 'R' for Railway. Birmingham New Street's BHM becomes RBHM? I'm sure BA97 will come up with a better solution.
Sure they will, but there's only set up for 3 characters at present. The existing IATA code seems a reasonable compromise without it turning in to 1W20.com
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:20 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by BA97

For Europe I have found the following:

https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/head...ions-in-europe

it does, however, not include the three letter IATA designators or three digit codes and includes ALL train stations in Europe as well as the UIC code for the stations for which you could use this database to look them up: http://ccs.rne.eu/crd/

I think manually adding the IATA codes to a database in rstudio or something based on the wikipedia links and the provided databases above might be easier and cleaner.

(US Amtrak stations list: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Amtrak_stations
Shinkansen stations dataset: https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/japa...tions-in-japan

OpenFlights dataset: https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/open...erry-terminals
)

Maybe it would be smart to build one single comprehensive dataset with additional details (name, city served, IATA code, ICAO code, CRS code, station/airport type etc.), similar to the open flight one in the link above. What database are you currently using for the airport codes and locations?

Last edited by Nick Art; Aug 19, 2022 at 6:36 am
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:00 am

Add New Airlines IP/PAS

Hi BA97,

Please add new airlines from Indonesia: Pelita Air Service (IP/PAS).

Thank you
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:18 am

There are two lounges at KRK (Krakow) which are not listed when creating a segment. One is in the Schengen departure area and the other (currently closed) is in the non-Schengen area.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 11:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
You are missing the QR lounge in bangkok i believe
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:57 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
There are two lounges at KRK (Krakow) which are not listed when creating a segment. One is in the Schengen departure area and the other (currently closed) is in the non-Schengen area.
I just checked and the lounges are in the system since 2016. Which airlines were you flying? I updated the access rules and expanded it to further give access to all Business pax.

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
You are missing the QR lounge in bangkok i believe
Feel free to submit the missing lounge with all the necessary information directly on ba97 and I will approve it as soon as you did

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.