Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA97 Lounge Calendar Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Is there a logo for Aerotucan (RTU I think?).
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: EY Platinum
I've been getting 502 Bad Gateway errors on this site for nearly a month...it's not just me, is it?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:46 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by csdf
I've been getting 502 Bad Gateway errors on this site for nearly a month...it's not just me, is it?
It might be. You or your browser or your internet provider, that is. I've not had any problems in recent weeks (have accessed the site several times from Germany, mostly without VPN).
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by IMH
It might be. You or your browser or your internet provider, that is. I've not had any problems in recent weeks (have accessed the site several times from Germany, mostly without VPN).
Well, I've tried both from the UK and from abroad and I have the same error. Very odd.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, BA Gold
I've just checked from the UK and the site is all working fine for me
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:46 pm

OK, I'm able to reproduce the error as follows:
1) Log in, go to flight diary
2) Edit a flight or add a new one
3) Click on the little Google search icon next to the flight number
4) From that point on, the site hangs and I get the 502 gateway error

As long as I don't do the above, no problem.

I'm using Chrome, from multiple PCs on different networks with different ISPs and the result is the same.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:29 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
In case it helps with troubleshooting, I followed the steps outlined by csdf I was able to reproduce this: nginx served me a 502 page and then wouldn't let me access ba97.com.

That was using Firefox 103.0.2 on a Windows PC. Clearing cookies wasn't enough to change this behaviour.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I believe you are missing the Emirates lounge in BKK
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:07 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I believe you are missing the Emirates lounge in BKK
If you submit with its access rules it I may accept it with haste (if you remind me)
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

With travel becoming more and more inter-modal I was wondering if the addition of a train, bus and boat option in the airline selection might be a good idea.
One could even write an exception for those options as to not taint the flying statistics of the page if necessary. Opinions?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Nick Art
With travel becoming more and more inter-modal I was wondering if the addition of a train, bus and boat option in the airline selection might be a good idea.
One could even write an exception for those options as to not taint the flying statistics of the page if necessary. Opinions?
Eurostar should definitely be on there. Isn't DB (Deutsche Bahn) becoming a Star Alliance partner?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
Eurostar should definitely be on there. Isn't DB (Deutsche Bahn) becoming a Star Alliance partner?
As far as I know, Eurostar is actually on the list already.

And yes, DB is to become a Star Alliance Partner, now already there are many trains with LH flight numbers than can be booked as connections with LH tickets. The same thing applies to SBB and LX.

I wonder if it would be better to add the individual train companies of interest (Amtrak, SNCF, ÖBB, SBB, DB, VY, SJ etc.) or one general "train" option. I would tend to support adding the individual companies, as well as one general option (generic train, bus or boat) for all niche companies that could not or were not yet added.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Opinions?
Where do you draw the line?
I mean, Long Distance / High Speed Rail only, or include everything including the Fife Circle?

Personally, I wouldn't include every option, Far too messy.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Where do you draw the line?
I mean, Long Distance / High Speed Rail only, or include everything including the Fife Circle?

Personally, I wouldn't include every option, Far too messy.
That's a good question. I too think it should be limited to long distance / high speed rail. Below I've started making a list of companies/train types that I think could be included. I've mainly added train types and companies which stand in direct competition to or complement air travel. I've added most operators I deem worth being added, as well as the types of trains I think deserve to be listed separately (TGV,ICE,Aacela etc.).

Consolidated list:
  • Operator: ------------------------ Service: ----------------------------- Suggested Name: -------- Suggested Logo:
  • Amtrak --------------------------- Acela --------------------------------- Acela ------------------------ Acela Logo
  • Amtrak --------------------------- several ------------------------------- Amtrak ---------------------- Amtrak Logo
  • British Rail ---------------------- idk ------------------------------------- British Rail ----------------- Biritsh Rail Logo
  • Trenitalia ------------------------ Alta Velocitŕ (AV) ------------------ Trenitalia ------------------- Trenitalia Logo
  • Renfe ---------------------------- Alta Velocidad Espańola(AVE) - Renfe ----------------------- Renfe Logo
  • Deutsche Bahn (DB) --------- EuroCIty (EC) / InterCity (IC) --- DB --------------------------- DB Logo
  • Deutsche Bahn (DB) --------- InterCityExpress (ICE) ----------- ICE --------------------------- ICE Logo
  • DSB ------------------------------ IC/ICD/L/IL -------------------------- DSB --------------------------- DSB Logo
  • Several -------------------------- InterCity (IC) ------------------------ InterCity (IC) ---------------- IC Logo
  • Several -------------------------- EuroCity (EC) ----------------------- EuroCity (EC) -------------- EC Logo
  • Several -------------------------- EuroNight (EN) --------------------- EuroNight (EN) ------------ EN Logo
  • Japan Rail (JR) --------------- Shinkansen -------------------------- Shinkansen ----------------- JR Logo
  • NS ------------------------------- IC/ICD --------------------------------- NS ----------------------------- NS Logo
  • NSB (VY) ---------------------- IC and night trains ------------------ VY ----------------------------- VY Logo
  • ÖBB ----------------------------- EC/IC ---------------------------------- ÖBB -------------------------- ÖBB Logo
  • ÖBB ----------------------------- Nightjet (NJ) ------------------------- Nightjet ---------------------- Nightjet Logo
  • ÖBB & SZ --------------------- Railjet (RJ) ---------------------------- Railjet ------------------------ Railjet Logo
  • PKP-------------------------------InterCity---------------------------------PKP-----------------------------PKP Logo
  • SBB CFF FFS ---------------- EuroCity (EC) / InterCity (IC) ---- SBB CFF FFS -------------- SBB Logo
  • SJ -------------------------------- IC & night trains --------------------- SJ ----------------------------- SJ Logo
  • SNCB --------------------------- IC & Thaly ---------------------------- SNCB ------------------------- SNCB Logo
  • SNCF --------------------------- IC --------------------------------------- SNCF ------------------------- SNCF Logo
  • SNCF --------------------------- TGV ------------------------------------ TGV --------------------------- SNCF Logo
  • VR ------------------------------- IC & night trains --------------------- VR ----------------------------- VR Logo
  • Several ------------------------- Boats / Ferries ----------------------- Boat or Ferry --------------- Generic Boat/Ferry Logo
  • Several ------------------------- Bus ------------------------------------- Bus ---------------------------- Generic Bus Logo
  • Several -------------------------Train -------------------------------------Train --------------------------- Generic Train Logo

Opinions and suggestions are very much welcome.

Now we just gotta ask BA97 what he thinks of this proposal.

EDIT: I think those are a tad too many options so I'm consolidating them in to a smaller list with both specific railways types and companies based on what I think would make sense.

Last edited by Nick Art; Aug 20, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by omk298
Thanks for adding those 2. Unfortunately when I try to put a flight in involving YIA it gives an error message for the distance - it shows "NaN". It then says "wait for distance to be calculated" if I click Add, so doesn't let me add the segment. It does appear to be recognising the airport OK. Any ideas?
Sorry, fixed this now. When a new airport is added manually I forgot I needed to include latitude & longitude for it if it can't be found in the database.

Originally Posted by omk298
SuperAirJet's logo isn't showing up - could you add it please?
This is also done. Certainly not a Super Air Logo I have to say!
omk298 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.