Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Has there been any maintenance a la BAEC? I get an error:

HTTP/1.1 New Session Failed

Same error message here

direct.ba97.com gives the same error
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I still get the certificate error too
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
The problem is that both the root certificate and the intermediate certificate have expired (either one will break things):
  • Root certificate: DST Root CA X3,Expired: Thursday, 30 September 2021 at 16:01:15 CET
  • Intermediate certificate: R3 Expired: Wednesday, 29 September 2021 at 21:21:40 CET
This a LetsEncrypt certificate (things have changed - see here), so I think the site owner (you?) needs to do something like change the intermediate certificate for the new R3 one signed by ISRG root X1 o (my own site works fine with letsencrypt and the same browser, so I think they have a config problem of some sort). Here's one bit of evidence, and here's a longer one to load that more precisely highlights the issue is the missing intermediate certificate. Apparently the IIS fix is here; other webservers will require slightly different magic. My lucky 8-ball guess is that you are using certbot + Linux and have the webserver's certificate chain files linked to a static file rather than the files listed here (and/or haven't updated certbot recently).
srbrenna and jms_uk like this.

Last edited by abligh; Oct 31, 2021 at 10:56 am
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:09 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I'm currently having issues getting on ba97, I just get the following error in plain text:

HTTP/1.1 New Session Failed

In addition, before getting this error, when I try on the phone, I get the previously mentioned certificate error, but not on my surface laptop.

I have tried different browsers, different devices and different networks, all with the same result.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Everything is back up! Hooray!
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:03 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Not for me - I get a 'This connection is not private' warning on Safari and Chrome.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by abligh
The problem is that both the root certificate and the intermediate certificate have expired (either one will break things):
  • Root certificate: DST Root CA X3,Expired: Thursday, 30 September 2021 at 16:01:15 CET
  • Intermediate certificate: R3 Expired: Wednesday, 29 September 2021 at 21:21:40 CET
This a LetsEncrypt certificate (things have changed - see here), so I think the site owner (you?) needs to do something like change the intermediate certificate for the new R3 one signed by ISRG root X1 o (my own site works fine with letsencrypt and the same browser, so I think they have a config problem of some sort). Here's one bit of evidence, and here's a longer one to load that more precisely highlights the issue is the missing intermediate certificate. Apparently the IIS fix is here; other webservers will require slightly different magic. My lucky 8-ball guess is that you are using certbot + Linux and have the webserver's certificate chain files linked to a static file rather than the files listed here (and/or haven't updated certbot recently).
Spot on, I think the issue is an outdated version of certbot as i'm seeing renewed or newly issued certs still using the R3 intermediate. I'll get on the case later.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Ok for me now using Chrome and Edge on laptop but I still get the “This connection is not private” message using Safari on iPad
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA97
Spot on, I think the issue is an outdated version of certbot as i'm seeing renewed or newly issued certs still using the R3 intermediate. I'll get on the case later.
OK, full valid signing chain (R3 intermediate, X1 root) is now being presented and we're etting an A from SSLLabs so hopefully encryption errors are now a thing of the past!
srbrenna and S_W_S like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Ah - back online.

I now realise I have missed some messages - is there any way to get a message notification, either by email, or notification in the menu bar or when you log in etc?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Originally Posted by BA97
OK, full valid signing chain (R3 intermediate, X1 root) is now being presented and we're etting an A from SSLLabs so hopefully encryption errors are now a thing of the past!
Thanks. OK on all my devices/browsers now!
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I now realise I have missed some messages - is there any way to get a message notification, either by email, or notification in the menu bar or when you log in etc?
If you have one or more unread messages there should be an envelope logo in the menu bar after you log in.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:25 am

Programs: ASLEF
I'm trying to add two sectors I have booked. After completing the details in the Add Sector form. Pressing either the "Add" or "Add & Populate Return" buttons appears to submit the data and initiates page reload, but the added sector does not appear at the end of the flight diary.
Anyone else having issues adding a sector?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
I'm trying to add two sectors I have booked. After completing the details in the Add Sector form. Pressing either the "Add" or "Add & Populate Return" buttons appears to submit the data and initiates page reload, but the added sector does not appear at the end of the flight diary.
Anyone else having issues adding a sector?
Just tried adding a sector to my list and no problems at this end.
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Brighterside
Just tried adding a sector to my list and no problems at this end.
Thanks. I will try logging out/in and clearing cookies etc..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.