Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a MCO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Using a MCO

BA sent me a MCO following a complaint a while back. It states that it's
only valid for further transportation on BA services
Presumably I have to take the hit for booking by phone. But does the above line prevent me for using it for either of the below?

Question 1: Can I use the MCO to purchase any BA Miles?

Question 2: Can I use the MCO towards taxes and other thievery charges for a BA Miles booking?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
BA sent me a MCO following a complaint a while back. It states that it's Presumably I have to take the hit for booking by phone. But does the above line prevent me for using it for either of the below?

Question 1: Can I use the MCO to purchase any BA Miles?

Question 2: Can I use the MCO towards taxes and other thievery charges for a BA Miles booking?
1. No

2. No

Can only be used to pay for published fare tickets from BA and can be used over the phone or at an airport and as it can't be done online, the offline fee is waived.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by xxxxx
1. No

2. No

Can only be used to pay for published fare tickets from BA and can be used over the phone or at an airport and as it can't be done online, the offline fee is waived.
... and can only be used to purchase a ticket or tickets in your name ... and if you want to use more than one MCO against the same booking you can only do it over the phone as airport ticket office systems can only handle one MCO per booking IME ...
Old Nov 25, 2008, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by heartybob
... and can only be used to purchase a ticket or tickets in your name ... and if you want to use more than one MCO against the same booking you can only do it over the phone as airport ticket office systems can only handle one MCO per booking IME ...
The ticket desk uses the same system as Distribution (the place where the MCOs are sent for processing after you've made a booking over the phone), the people you've spoken to probably just don't know how to process to MCOs in one transaction.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Thanks everyone.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Prem, LH Blue, Thai Gold ,KLM Ivory, Priority Club Plat, HiltonH Gold, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Thanks everyone.
And MCO stands for........???
Old Nov 25, 2008, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Miscellaneous Charges Order. Effectively an airline credit note.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by xxxxx
The ticket desk uses the same system as Distribution (the place where the MCOs are sent for processing after you've made a booking over the phone), the people you've spoken to probably just don't know how to process to MCOs in one transaction.
Including outstations?

I tried redeeming three MCOs against one itinerary at an outstation ticket desk where I know the local BA personnel very well - and they are "real" BA personnel, not local handling agent staff.

After three days of trying, including calling their helpdesk at LGW, they told me it was impossible - hence the "IME" in my post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.