Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Offer Expired 28 Nov 2008] BA Miles Global 50% off Sale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Offer Expired 28 Nov 2008] BA Miles Global 50% off Sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:08 am

Buenos aeres

This morning it was easy to get on the website and check... after an hour it was impossible.
I just called French EC ( 12h06 GMT) and booked over the phone for business 2 pax buenos aeres 140 k sept'09
:-)
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Sorry, due to heavy internet traffic, there was a problem with your request. Please try again.

...Seems like the heavy traffic is only on the website not on BA's revenue bookings ...
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Error

* Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
i soooo close now to flight of a lifetime...it keeps crashing but saving each leg - this is murder!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:14 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by tristan727
this is ridicilous....you offer something that will only appeal to the tiny% of your customers who have 6-figure mile balances & are able to book something right now....but in the process bring down your entire booking engine, blocking off your entire customer base.
I had no trouble booking a revenue flight right thru to the credit card stage just now, so it's not clear to me the whole site is down. Whereas trying to spend miles on ba.com is clearly impossible for the time being.

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
Originally Posted by france usa
This morning it was easy to get on the website and check... after an hour it was impossible.
I just called French EC ( 12h06 GMT) and booked over the phone for business 2 pax buenos aeres 140 k sept'09
:-)
So you stole that availability, uh?
I'm halfway there for the same.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:15 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Unhappy Ah well!

Message on the Blue telephone booking line now warns that "waiting times are in excess of 30 minutes" (which probably translates into one hour....)

I shall go and walk the dog and think of what might have been....!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Lovecraft
So you stole that availability, uh?
I'm halfway there for the same.

FYI when i checked this morning C class to GIG , there was not a single availability until October 09
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
You're doing better than me! Have bombed out 3 times after about 20 mins each time just looking for availability to HKG next Oct for 4 of us.. not the end of the world but a great offer and I would really really like to take advantage.... wonder if VS will do something similar.... are you lurking at all Sir Beardy??
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
... wonder if VS will do something similar ...
The other way round, I think. VS have had a 50% off economy and 20% off premium economy redemptions for a while. No UC offers that I'm aware of, but perhaps that will change ...
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey

I shall go and walk the dog and think of what might have been....!
At least the dog will be happy - gets a walk and escapes a visit to the kennels.

Please provide the following information:

* Sorry, due to heavy internet traffic, there was a problem with your request. Please try again.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:22 am

Dunno what you're all whinging about, I just went online to check for the hell of it and all went through as usual. Maybe just luck.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Result!! ^

As I had enough miles I managed to process a duplicate booking just now for our family holiday next year and then canceled the first booking. Continually pressing the back button and reloading the pages eventually came good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.