Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Offer Expired 28 Nov 2008] BA Miles Global 50% off Sale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Offer Expired 28 Nov 2008] BA Miles Global 50% off Sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:53 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Roger
They'll need to sort out the website PDQ, then.

The online message has changed to 'We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable.'
I'm getting Error - The World Offer system is busy or had an unexpected problem, please try again.

Ah, the joys!

Efin
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Roger
With crude oil now <$50/barrel and unleaded 89.9p/litre at Morrisons and elsewhere (and we do have 5p/litre coupons from Sainsburys, so 84.9p/litre), it can't be much longer, can it?
Instead of paying the surcharge, cant we just stop off at Morrisons on the way to airport and bring our own share of fuel?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
It is on for 7 days.
True, but I doubt they will be anything left by the end of today...

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
this is ridicilous....you offer something that will only appeal to the tiny% of your customers who have 6-figure mile balances & are able to book something right now....but in the process bring down your entire booking engine, blocking off your entire customer base.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:55 am

Just getting into ba.com (never mind logging in) just took me 41 seconds.

As a comparison, flybmi.com loaded in 3 seconds.....
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by tristan727
this is ridicilous....you offer something that will only appeal to the tiny% of your customers who have 6-figure mile balances & are able to book something right now....but in the process bring down your entire booking engine, blocking off your entire customer base.
Sale is on for 7 days and all seats changeable / cancellable as per normal rules ...

Biggest problem actually is that people will book, removing availability, then cancel a lot of the seats later.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Instead of paying the surcharge, cant we just stop off at Morrisons on the way to airport and bring our own share of fuel?
lol.
This is really annoying.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
I'm toying with the idea of cancelling my 2-4-1 F booking to MRU and rebooking in a ghastly hour that noone else would be awake
Now is it certain that those seats will become available for rebooking if in KVS it already shows as availability F 0 A 0 ??
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:59 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by Raffles
Sale is on for 7 days and all seats changeable / cancellable as per normal rules ...

Biggest problem actually is that people will book, removing availability, then cancel a lot of the seats later.

yep....all the routings I was previously looking at paying full mileage for, to get to Peru in 3 months, have gone already - if the engine can be believed. these dont often get put back into the same bucket do they?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold

B
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by helahela
I'm toying with the idea of cancelling my 2-4-1 F booking to MRU and rebooking in a ghastly hour that noone else would be awake
Now is it certain that those seats will become available for rebooking if in KVS it already shows as availability F 0 A 0 ??
No way would I risk that.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:04 am

That would be insane!!

Having said that, I recently cancelled 2 J award tix AUH-LHR when KVS showed J0C0, and they immediately were reavailable for award booking. However, I wasnt expecting nor banking on it.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
Just been on hold at the call centre for 20 minutes, they currently can not complete bookings online. I have two First class seats to SIN held but they can not give me a booking reference number, they have promised to call me back once the system starts working again!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Absolutely not.

Please read my thread on the BMI board about how BMI accidentally cancelled my reward seats, only for them not to reappear in the Lufthansa booking system, and the days of hilarity that ensued.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:07 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Smile

My understanding is that if you cancel the seats may not become reavailable as reward seats so I would not risk it.

However I was able book a new flight to HKG and then cancel my original booking saving 120,000 BA Miles and I am assigned the same seats on the same flights. After talking with the reservations team I decided not to do the same for flights to BKK and JNB as availability on the required dates was not there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.