Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Offer Expired 28 Nov 2008] BA Miles Global 50% off Sale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Offer Expired 28 Nov 2008] BA Miles Global 50% off Sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:58 am

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
Originally Posted by grgraham
Unbelieveable - a week after booking my next 2 for 1: F out to HKG, J back.

How long does it normally take after cancelling a 2 for 1 booking for the voucher to be reactivated and the miles to recredit?

gg
Not long, a hour or so I think.

Fab offer BTW ^ If only I had spare miles & holiday..
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Hmm, I was toying with the idea of trading up my family SFO trip from J to F - but seating on the outbound will be an issue (we'd need 4/5AK), and the taxes and surcharges have almost doubled since the original booking! The kids are young - we'll survive in J, I think!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Booked 2 J to Cape Town for next November and 2 J to Istanbul for May - these are flights we were going to do anyway. Used Ms Raffles account as she is Eurocheat and has no access to a 2-4-1.

Frustrating that one-ways are not included as I have 4 J seats NYC-LHR on Lufthansa that I would happily have changed back - but I'm not willing to give up the LH First Class Terminal on the way out, especially as my party of 4 are now expecting it!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Seems the offer started about midnight, hence a bit of excitement last night I thought it was a cock up and went booking like crazy .
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
If you have something in mind, get in quickly. I assume this is going to seriously kill award seat availability for a long time...

It's a great deal. But I have no reason right now to burn just for the sake of it...almost feel guilty for not taking advantage! It does work OK with 241s (as noted) and GUFs too. If EC was included I'd have opted for a ORY-JFK to try them, but other than that, I'm just watching everyone else have fun for now
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:08 am

Is everybody definitely sure that this is compatible with the two for one because if so I am going to have to cancel and rebook my next trip partly to save a bunch of miles and partly because it means I can go out and back in F instead of F out J back.

The trouble is I'm going to have to wait for the miles to recredit and voucher to activate before I book and if that takes ages I'm going to be having a heart attack as I watch redemtion availability plummet.

What to you think?

gg

Edit: I see that G-BOAC also confirms it works with 2 for 1s but it looks like he hasn't actually bought any tickets yet. Has anyone else successfully bought and paid for tickets?

Last edited by grgraham; Nov 21, 2008 at 4:10 am Reason: Answer in previous post
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:10 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Is everybody definitely sure that this is compatible with the two for one because if so I am going to have to cancel and rebook my next trip partly to save a bunch of miles and partly because it means I can go out and back in F instead of F out J back.

gg

Booked a 2 for 1 already.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Seems the offer started about midnight, hence a bit of excitement last night I thought it was a cock up and went booking like crazy .
Nice edit. You almost let the super-secretive private forum out of the bag

Will need to speak to my friend who's just got her 2-4-1 and we were planning to use it next year anyway... now might be a good time to book

Fantastic. Well done Ba ^

Just booked 3 X F Lhr - Hkg ( With an amex 2-1) total 240,000 miles.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Just booked -- nothing!...

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
yes
A-a-a-argh!

I've suspended spending on my BA Amex as I didn't want to trigger the 2-4-1 until as close as possible to early February. Now I have until the 28th to book a 2-4-1 at 50% off if I understand corectly.

If I spend enough today to trigger the 2-4-1, how long before I can redeem it, i.e. will it be before the 28th?

[Thinks: probably easier to book now without the voucher, then book again in February ...]
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
I'm not going to risk cancelling a 2 for 1 booking to CPT in F only to re-book as have a non-refundable hotel for my folks booked. Too risky.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:17 am

Programs: BA : Virgin
So do I have time to trigger my Amex 2-4-1 (I can make a big spend and pass through the spend barrier today), get the voucher and book in the 7 day period ?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by rupert_s
Just booked -- nothing!...
Hmm. Have they taken the booking system down to stop the 2 for 1 compatibility ot is it just overloaded with the number of people trying to book?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.