Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage [max weight]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aristoph
But isn't that what has supposed to have been happening for the past xx months, since they delayed the last implementation?
No, this is phase 2 kicking in - plebs are not included.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Phase TWO? No, BA has been screwing around with this now since July 2006, almost 28 months ago. This is perhaps phase 22, with lots happening in the meantime, BA lying to their staff and passengers to push their agenda. Ba trying to signal collusion throughout the industry on this matter (and reversing after getting slapped with price fixing on something else) several announced and abandoned dates and plans.

In short it was perhaps the worst thoughtout and implemented change of baggage policy in the history of aviation, less well known bease of all of the greater (and worse) cock-ups that BA has encountered during this time period.

What I find funny though is that if you go back to the beginning of this madness BA has instituted EXACTLY the same policy as myself and some others tabled over two years ago!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
Although 32k is the limit there are certain items that can be allowed above this with prior notice, ie. TVs etc, again full details on ba.com.
I think this is a pretty shoddy way of treating your TVs, no matter how many you feel the need to travel with. Considering the pleasure they presumably give you, the least you could do is to buy them a proper ticket. They might also introduce some much-needed glamour into the cabin.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, BA Blue, FlyingClub Red
Thanks to all for your contributions. So I think the concensus of opinion is that as I'm travelling CW I can take the chance??? The wife has just bought what looks like a trunk to me but she assures me it is a 28" case! What to do. I think the tumbe dryer just about fits in it....just don't want to be checking in and find she has to leave half our belongings at the CW checkin at Gatwick, very un-cool.....
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
As long as it is not more than 32kg you should be ok.

It could be interesting at some of the outstations ( non BA staff) unless they get specifcally told to waive charges for weights between 23kg and 32kg for F CW, Gold & silver pax.

( I agree with other posters that an official announcment on BA com would be useful)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
There's not been much said so far to the LGW staff but I'll try and get some clear clarification in the next few days and send you a PM.

TBS - when I came back from the US recently the staff there, who are BA employed reminded me quite clearly about 26th November and the 23kg. I was in CW and a silver card holder (and staff come to that). Think the outstations (ie. anywhere away from LHR) need to be formally advised.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think from the 26th November the max weight per case goes down to 23kg from 32kg per case.

You can pay £25 per case abover 23kg and below 32kg

Bags above 32kg will no longer be allowed.

Regards

TBS
I'll be testing this theory, I'll be flying J soon and will be carrying the maximum possible for ACC, 3 x bags. So about this blind eye thing, could I push it at check in and check in bags >23kg and <32kg each?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by johnny5a
I'll be testing this theory, I'll be flying J soon and will be carrying the maximum possible for ACC, 3 x bags. So about this blind eye thing, could I push it at check in and check in bags >23kg and <32kg each?
Hi,

That's the theory.

If they do not turn a blind eye ( after 26th Nov) then it could be £25 per bag (£75 in total)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

That's the theory.

If they do not turn a blind eye ( after 26th Nov) then it could be £25 per bag (£75 in total)

Regards

TBS
Outbound is before 26th, I forgot I can take up to 23kg for my carry on, so in all I can carry 119kg. Now that is good.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs up

I have just had this confirmed by check-in desk at IAH.

Golds / silvers & premium pax have the limit waived.^
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Embuexpat
I think this is a pretty shoddy way of treating your TVs, no matter how many you feel the need to travel with. Considering the pleasure they presumably give you, the least you could do is to buy them a proper ticket. They might also introduce some much-needed glamour into the cabin.
And don't forget the stoves and the kitchen sinks, especially those travelling to W Africa. They deserve some consideration as well!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by OPebble
And don't forget the stoves and the kitchen sinks, especially those travelling to W Africa. They deserve some consideration as well!
I'm actually taking one of these - http://www.yorkfitness.com/Standard-...ollar-Set.html and one of these http://www.yorkfitness.com/Standard-...robic-Bar.html - I should be ok for the bar as it's under the 62 inch length rule. Plus a load of food... all for my wife .... things you do for love....
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by OPebble
How do you know about that sort of thing? Is that a memory from your Blue days?

The last time I was flying WTP (except I wasn't because I got op-upped, but that's not the point), from T4 about four years ago, I was behind a huge line of people checking in for the Delhi flight. Many of them had trolleys laden with old cardboard boxes tied up with fraying shoelaces. I guess that is a smilar phenomenon. I never see that sort of thing these days, and I suspect neither do you ^.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:15 am

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
Luggage allowance !

I was just checking the website and it says that from 26th nov if you exceed 23 kg you will have to pay £25 . I am a bit confused as somewhere else it says that this comes into force in nov ?

We are currenly around 24 kg -just wondered whether we should take stuff out -mind you the house scales are not very accurate ?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dundalkspur
I was just checking the website and it says that from 26th nov if you exceed 23 kg you will have to pay £25 . I am a bit confused as somewhere else it says that this comes into force in nov ?

We are currenly around 24 kg -just wondered whether we should take stuff out -mind you the house scales are not very accurate ?
Confused? How come?

What class are you travelling in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.