Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Booking class

Are the booking classes below still current ?

How do the actual numbers work, eg M/H, M/Q both in Euro Traveller but only one gets points or C/J and C/O which similarly differ ?

A – Discount First
B – Semi-Flexible Economy
C – Discount Club
D – Discount Club
E – Discount World Traveller Plus
F – Full Fare First
G - Groups
H – Semi-Flexible Economy
I – Discount Club
J – Full Fare Club
K – Discount Economy
L – Discount Economy
M – Discount Economy
N – Discount Economy
O – Discount Economy
P – World Traveller Plus Redemptions
Q – Discount Economy
R – Discount Club (used to be Concorde!)
S – Discount Economy
T – Discount World Traveller Plus
U – Club Redemptions
V – Discount Economy
W – Full Fare World Traveller Plus
X – Economy Redemption
Y – Full Fare Economy
Z – First Redemptions
Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Caymanian
Are the booking classes below still current ?
Looks mostly right, except now most economy is "semi-flexible" to some degree (e.g. non-refundable but changeable except on day of departure). There is no difference (shorthaul at least) between B/H and the rest really. It probably needs updating in future in the guide to take better account of the wider s/h vs. l/h differences now (e.g., I class is discount CW but on s/h it's been replaced by R class).

Originally Posted by Caymanian
How do the actual numbers work, eg M/H, M/Q both in Euro Traveller but only one gets points or C/J and C/O which similarly differ ?
What do you mean? As in how they post to your account? The first letter is the cabin code you flew in. It does not change:

F = First
J = CW
C = Domestic or Club Europe
W = WT+
M = WT/ET

Check your boarding pass stub (at least, real ones not PYOBP ones) - it will show the same cabin code (save perhaps for the rather lovely "machine beeped and rejected my BP at the gate, agent scribbled a new, better seat on the same old BP stub" case) as above. The second letter is your booked fare code. It is the booked code which determines the miles/TPs you get, per the well-documented earning tables elsewhere (see the Ultimate Guide).

In the case of upgrades, you will see something like the second example you post, but earn based on your paid fare, i.e., C/O on a non-Domestic means you had an O class booking (discount ET, worth 25% miles + any status bonus and no TPs) but got an OpUp to CE. So you flew C but paid O. On Domestic it's as expected (discount bucket, flew Domestic since they use the same cabin code for the single cabin as for CE for some reason). In the other example, C/J means you had a paid J class booking and flew in the Club Europe/Domestic cabin as expected. You'd earn miles/TPs for paid CE/Domestic.

MFUs will further confuse the mix...posting (if indeed they post correctly) as F/Z, J/U, etc. but with the paid fare points. For example, a WT+ to CW MFU should post as J/U but with WT+ miles and tier points. A straight CW redemption would also post as J/U (unless you got up/down-graded) but with 0 miles and TP. Quite why MFUs don't post (again, if they post correctly at all ) as they originally used to with Travelled/Paid letters I don't know (e.g., WT+ to CW MFU used to post as J/T with WT+ miles and TPs which makes sense).

Partner postings also vary a tad. AY shorthauls seem to post as J/I rather than C/I (for example) for me.

Caveat: that looks right at this time of night. Address any errors to Mr. Sapphire and Mr. Schweppes not me...

Last edited by G-BOAC; Nov 12, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.