Wiki Posts
Search

Pedant Alert!! Typo on T5 Signage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Pedant Alert!! Typo on T5 Signage

Just came down the escalator from the Flounge and noticed the small sign at the bottom indicates straight on for gates 1-7. Meanwhile the larger sign some 20ft away is correct in directing you straight on for gates 1-17.

Perhaps a small competition to see if there are any others?

Last edited by Hedwig; Nov 12, 2008 at 12:41 pm Reason: Typo - but at least I can blame the Cattier for mine, what's BAAs excuse?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
I particularly hate the signs on the out-of-order toilets in the lounges saying that an "engineer" will fix it. Surely a handyman would be sufficient.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I noticed that the plastic rings from the price tags were not removed from the faux flora on the patio in the Concorde Room. Somewhat appalled (and quite possibly drunk), I took a photo of the offending bouquet.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
http://lassendasmountain.com/images/fauxpas.jpg

Devil is in the details.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hedwig
Just came down the escalator from the Flounge and noticed the small sign at the bottom indicates straight on for gates 1-7. Meanwhile the larger sign some 20ft away is correct in directing you straight on for gates 1-17.

Flounge?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:59 pm

"Flounge" is a Gold thing. Pronounced like its spelled. In both both British and American accents. 'Flauwenge'
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Hedwig

I have to say I'd spotted this one also...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nicksta
"Flounge" is a Gold thing. Pronounced like its spelled. In both both British and American accents. 'Flauwenge'
Ah..... obviously didn't receive the full documentation with the card
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold (just!), BA Amex PP, Amex Plat, Accor Fav Guest, Priority Club Platinum
I actually pointed this signage issue out, along with the confusing diagonal "up" arrow just before the central escalators by World Duty Free, on the middle Saturday test. One of many things BAA ignored
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by 328
I have to say I'd spotted this one also...
Indeed, I noticed this a few days ago when I'd finished Crooming around, although I didn't notice the price tags.

What makes this place brilliant.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Indeed, I noticed this a few days ago when I'd finished Crooming around, although I didn't notice the price tags.

What makes this place brilliant.
"Crooming" ???? I know I've been away from Blighty for quite some time but wot the h*ll does that mean?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
"Crooming" ???? I know I've been away from Blighty for quite some time but wot the h*ll does that mean?
Concorde Room visit, per'aps?

Dave
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:12 pm

Programs: FT
i alawys lvoe teshe thaerds sncie i reenclly fnoud out taht if the frist and lsat leertts of ecah wrod are in the corrcet place and eevn thoguh ecah wrod was slleped wrnog the bairn cuold fgirue it out waht was bieng writetn.

sorry my Wed. joke.... not sure if the foregoing works but it sorta makes the point that i am just passing time.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
You should see my local airport - smelling pistakes abound!

Dave
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Forgot to mention last night, but it's also placed at the bottom of the 'up' escalator - surely a few feet to the right would be better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.