Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's with the awful food in CW to BOM?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
... good quality ingredients - Gloucester Old Spot pork or the Loch Fyne fish option - do have a place. That ticks your tastes as simple and down to earth but also offers something for those looking for 'luxury'.

I can see why the OP would have been underwhelmed by the pie/2xcurry/seafood salad option.
Chicken Pie? Poularde de Bresse en croute. Or en cocotte might be better for the flavour and reheating en avion.

Or Poularde de Bresse in its own juices between a couple of slices of bread. Doesn't even need to be Poilâne!

Last edited by majoreyeswater; Oct 30, 2008 at 5:18 pm Reason: And then hot, buttered toast for breakfast, smothered in baked beans with a good snort of freshly ground black pepper on top!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I was just waiting for someone to say it was "common" to eat chicken pie
Glad to have given satisfaction, milady.

I wonder if your desire for some good simple food is actually more typical of the really regular F passenger, whereas I, as a very rare F passenger, want some food that carries with it a sense of occasion. I love a good burger, for example (I don't mean the rubbish in McD's), but I'd be rather disappointed to see one as a main course option on the F menu.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by macabus
Have you considered pre-ordering a special meal?

Don't they usually have a low-fat choice of skinless chicken breast and vegetables?
Thanks. I'll have to try that on my next trip in Jan/Feb. On AY back on Monday and they had much better food ex BOM than BA exit LHR last time, so I should be ok on the retrun.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Personally I think the food ex LHR to India is some of the best food we serve, wish I could say the same about the food ex India.
CIHY
I hope this is not true

What should I expect LHR-YYZ next week so I can pace my self accordingly in the lounge?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:13 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by endoman
Thanks, I hadn't read the latest updates to that thread but it is bookmarked. I will plan the trip as a weight loss week! My Indian hosts given the basic advice, drink, cold, eat hot.
I have been to India 4 times and always stick to vegetarian food, particularly as there is always such a good variety.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.