Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calcutta

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Calcutta

Flight to LHR leaves at 05 05 so I see it being a sleepless night before hand. It would be ideal to get on board, get some sleep and then get served a decent lunch before we land in London at 16 05 - or 10 35 local time. Is this how BA handle the service - in Club - if not, how do they do it ?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
05:05 is an early morning flight. Probably a light breakfast, then lights out and a lunch before landing (don't know about the decent part). Good luck!
Old Oct 22, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec
Catering schedules (valid to the 25th Oc '08) show a Hot Breakfast, Drinks round, Club Kitchen plus a Hot Main Meal/Hot Light Meal prior to arrival (not sure what that may be - sorry).

Seems you'll just have to put the eye-shades and earplugs in.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 8:54 pm

If your return flight leaves CCU at 5am, you're on their midwinter fog-avoidance schedule, not the normal schedule where the departure is around 8am. So catering is different as well, I seem to recall that the post-departure meal was a light supper. The pre-arrival meal is lunch in both cases.

Originally Posted by Caymanian
It would be ideal to get on board, get some sleep and then get served a decent lunch before we land in London at 16 05 - or 10 35 local time.
This is an 11-hr flight, so you do want to eat something before going to sleep. The first meal is served reasonably quickly. Or you can get something from the larder during the flight, but the offerings iare rather unappetizing.

In coach a snack is served midflight, but in club most passengers are sleeping so the larder is the only midflight option.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BLR which leaves at 7ish is breakfast and then lunch.

Haven't done CCU, MAA or DEL when they leave at 5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.