Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Shifting Policy for Status Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:16 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Only happened to me once on a long haul service when at check in for a GRULHR flight, we were (without explanation) given BPs for 1K and 4E, even though we'd reserved 4EF. When I said that we'd prefer to sit together, it was suggested that another passenger had checked himself in to 4F at EZE. Was handed new BPs for 4EF at the gate, but not without asking.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We had used one of our Amex 241 vouchers for 2 F tickets to ORD in May. We received a mail in December saying that our flight number "123" had been cancelled and we were now on flight "123" Didn't think too much of it as the replacement flight was only 5 minutes later.

Noticed yesterday that our booking on the outbound leg is now CW. No notification from BA on change of class and no refund of miles. Bizarrely the flight 2 hours later has F redemption available.

Obviously not going to phone today as they have more important things to deal with but seems more than a little strange to me.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by OPebble
The trick is to checkin online but do NOT print your BP. Thus when you get to the airport you can use the OLCI m/c to see if there is a better seat has popped up or to print the BP for your original selection.
Doesn't alway work. I OLCI'd but did not PYOBP yesterday in 13A. Was in MMB later to change my seat for the return, and spotted I'd been moved to 23A.

Not that it matters as the flight was cancelled!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by OPebble
Depends on your status in the pecking order. I guess would never happen to Premiers; less frequently to Golds; quite often to Silvers and then there's Blues.........
In my five years as a silver I was only "pre-flight" shifted once, I believe it was from CE 2C to 3C. I have agreed to shift on a number of occasions when pax asked me, this to seat a family together.

I don't mind swapping seats in CE, especially now when all seats will be the same. On a long-haul though But I'm not picky, as long as I don't end up with a stranger in CW middle seats, I can sit anywhere. Just bring me a meal and a few drinks and I will be a lamb.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
my wife and I got shifted out of the WT+ bassinet seats with our baby on a LHR to YYZ flight a few years ago to other WT+ seats (without a bassinet). I complained to the CSD as I quickly realised that our seats had been given to BA staff, and we were left holding the baby for 8 hours! Nothing was done to swap the seats back during the flight (my request to move back was denied), but he promised to recify the situation and on the sector back to London we were upgraded and seated in 64A&B in CW. Nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.