FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   More skirts please!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/872167-more-skirts-please.html)

FSHHUNT Oct 2, 2008 11:42 am

More skirts please!!!

I'm sitting in a quiet corner of Galleries North watching the human traffic flow in and out of the lounge as I write this.

15 minutes ago, while sitting here reflecting upon mankind, I noticed that a larger than normal chunk of the traffic flowing through the lounge is male. Every now and again something which resembles a female goes past but it ain't much. This got me started in my count:

Over 10minutes:

82 males
3 females + 1 really questionable female!
and 4 children.

We need more skirts in the lounge because this is just depressing.

TEX277 Oct 2, 2008 11:50 am

Depressing for the likes of us but there are many (and I am not talking about the desperate women) on this board that rejoice over the current ratio and "eye candy". ;)

The _Banking_Scot Oct 2, 2008 11:51 am

Hi,

Why do not go into the general area ( outside the lounge) and invite a woman in!!:D ( problem partially solved)

Seriously,

I wonder what the distribution is by sex ( M:F) of Silver /Gold card holders and people in CW/CF? I would suspect that the majority wolud be male and thus account for the number of males in the lounges at this time!!

Regards

TBS

anaggie Oct 2, 2008 11:51 am

I love eye candy !!

Kiwi Flyer Oct 2, 2008 11:52 am

Originally Posted by FSHHUNT (Post 10460366)

Not depressing for many on the BA forum.

FSHHUNT Oct 2, 2008 11:56 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 10460429)
Hi,

Why do not go into the general area ( outside the lounge) and invite a woman in!!:D ( problem partially solved)

I would love to do that however, I'm expecting my father-in-law to be traveling through here tonight and I really can't be arsed having to spend some time with him. :p

irmster Oct 2, 2008 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 10460438)
Not depressing for many on the BA forum.

and some of them would probably be happy to put on a little frock if you asked them nicely - problem solved.

HIDDY Oct 2, 2008 12:19 pm

More skirts please!!!

Well the women are all at home sitting with their feet up watching telly - Sorry.........cooking and cleaning I should say. ;)

The Business lounges are still very much male orientated I have to say unless the females have more important things on their minds rather than gorging on the free grub and drink. Like shopping for instance......BAA loves women.

sunrisegirl Oct 2, 2008 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by FSHHUNT (Post 10460366)

I'll be there in a few days - though I'm sorry I'll probably be in trousers rather than a skirt. But my top is fairly low cut - will that work :p:D

TLardner Oct 2, 2008 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 10460579)
I'll be there in a few days - though I'm sorry I'll probably be in trousers rather than a skirt. But my top is fairly low cut - will that work :p:D

I'll be there!!! Any more ID clues??? Red rose in your buttonhole?

KenJohn Oct 2, 2008 12:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

As one who bats for the other team, can I say we have standards. It is quality not the quantity that matters. The quality is often lacking in the lounge and guys do not tend to show a lot of leg.

sunrisegirl Oct 2, 2008 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by TLardner (Post 10460626)

Long blonde hair, cute, sipping from a champagne glass. You can provide the red rose :p

irmster Oct 2, 2008 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by KenJohn (Post 10460684)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

As one who bats for the other team,

you're West Indian :confused:

Skimo Oct 2, 2008 12:54 pm

As one who bats for the other team, can I say we have standards. It is quality not the quantity that matters. The quality is often lacking in the lounge and guys do not tend to show a lot of leg.

Amen to that! It's almost amazing that a full BA jumbo can often times be bereft of even a single attactve male (includng the crew)!

(Disclaimer:- I'm fully aware that beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) )

G-BOAC Oct 2, 2008 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 10460579)
I'll be there in a few days

Unless you get luckily guested in to the Flounge? ;)

Smirnoff Oct 2, 2008 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Skimo (Post 10460803)
It's almost amazing that a full BA jumbo can often times be bereft of even a single attactve male (includng the crew)!

That doesn't seem to stop the average crewmember checking out every single
passenger (of desired gender) on the plane. Starting at the front, and working back, aisle by aisle.

And then coming back up to the front, for a second look.

And then sending a crewmate up, to give a second opinion.

Don't think we don't notice. ;)

Dolly Dripmat Oct 2, 2008 1:24 pm

Just because it happens to you, Smirny does not mean it happens to everyone. Darn you for being so handsome. :D

Smirnoff Oct 2, 2008 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dolly Dripmat (Post 10460993)
Just because it happens to you, Smirny does not mean it happens to everyone. Darn you for being so handsome. :D

blush :o

sunrisegirl Oct 2, 2008 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 10460902)
Unless you get luckily guested in to the Flounge? ;)

Hmm I wonder how that might happen!! Guess I better wear that low cut top after all ;)

sunrisegirl Oct 2, 2008 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dolly Dripmat (Post 10460993)

But Dolly, he's such a flirt - he checks out all the female crew. Hugs them, kisses them and even accompanies them to their bunks. It must be his handsomeness and charm :p

convair Oct 2, 2008 1:56 pm

Glad to see someone else has noticed the lack of totty (male or female) up front.

The answer is to fly in Y. Seen Soul Plane? Watch it and you'll be flying economy if you're looking for totty.

bernardd Oct 2, 2008 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by irmster (Post 10460747)
you're West Indian :confused:

Any way you look at it, I doubt he's trying to bowl a maiden over.... Maybe a nice googly?

bernardd Oct 2, 2008 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by convair (Post 10461188)
Glad to see someone else has noticed the lack of totty (male or female) up front.

The answer is to fly in Y. Seen Soul Plane? Watch it and you'll be flying economy if you're looking for totty.

In their defense I'd like to offer a brief word in favour of the Gatwick Cabin Crew, some of whom are probably young enough to be my Daughters. Haven't paid as much attention to the boys I'm afraid!

More realistically, I came back on 196 on Tues/Weds on which the folks did a good job - nothing startling, just good, happy, supportive, professional, and streets ahead of the grumpy Cousins - all power to the ladies and gentlemen who aren't quite young enough to be my kids, but make BA, well, BA.

LHR Tim Oct 2, 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff (Post 10460966)
passenger (of desired gender) on the plane. Starting at the front, and working back, aisle by aisle.

I think you'll find on overnight flights they're playing 'Spot the Stiffy' ;)

Genius1 Oct 2, 2008 2:32 pm

On a more important note, I'm wondering why the OP is in Galleries Club North when he could be in Galleries First due to Gold status... :D

TravellerFrequently Oct 2, 2008 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 10461429)
On a more important note, I'm wondering why the OP is in Galleries Club North when he could be in Galleries First due to Gold status... :D

and no mention of champagne either :confused: ;)

Trav+ Oct 2, 2008 3:59 pm

I wonder what the distribution is by sex ( M:F) of Silver /Gold card holders and people in CW/CF?

The distribution can be, erm, skewed. I've had two trips on the UD in which I was the only girlie in the cabin, save for the crew members. Shame, though, that most of the pax weren't tottylicious, and those who were were....ah, West Indian (thanks, irmster), as it were.

I shall aim to be at my most alluring when next in the Galleries or YVR lounges ;) , just for fun.

edi-traveller Oct 2, 2008 4:17 pm

The load on our EDI-LHR was so light today that they served the breakfast tray by tray rather than from the cart. Thus many flashes of that nice red lining in the hem of the skirt. Very smart!

HIDDY Oct 2, 2008 5:13 pm

I suspect the dialogue goes something like this....

FA1 - "I see we've got that Smirnoff bloke on board, you know him from Flyertalk."
FA2 - Oh him, where's he sitting?
FA1 - In his usual place, 1C
FA2 - Look after me trolley love till I go and get a look at him,I'm dying to see what he looks like.
FA1 - Yeah no bother, but don't make it look too obvious will you.
FA2 - Don't worry, I'll pretend to ask him about his special meal...................................

FA1 - Well.....did you see him?
FA2 - Yeah!!
FA1 - And?
FA2 - He's not what I expected!!
FA1 - And what were you expecting?
FA2 - I don't really know...somebody fatter and maturer I think.
FA1 - Fatter and maturer?....You make it sound as if you were expecting to see a Vietnamese potbelly pig.
FA2 - Plus....he's a bit odd
FA1 - What do you mean a bit odd?
FA2 - Well, when I asked him if he wanted the special meal he said...Oh yes I'll have the usual dollop of unidentifiable goo please.
FA1 - Ah yes......that's him alright, always the joker.
FA2 - There's something else strange about him.
FA1 - Really?
FA2 - Yes
FA1 - Well, go on tell me then.
FA2 - He said he was rather disappointed that the shaky armrest had been fixed and the wet floor was no more as he had got a fair bit of mileage out of telling that story...........Oh, and before I left he asked me if I knew what his CIV score was.
FA1 - Is he on about that again I only told him last week...so did you tell him?
FA2 - I told him I didn't know anything about football results.
FA1 - Oh my God :rolleyes: That'll be in Flyertalk tomorrow.....you'll see.

FA3 - I see that Smirnoff bloke is in 1C?
FA1+2 - Yeah we know, what's he up to now?
FA3 - He says he wants a kiss and a cuddle from us all on the way out and he's not leaving till we give it him.
FA1+2 - :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NoTiersForMe Oct 2, 2008 5:51 pm

Golly, my late night interweb reading has perked up a bit. I think this beats AAnother forum hands down. Hats off on the double-entendre guys and gals and anyone else!

Wong Jnr Oct 3, 2008 2:14 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 10460577)
unless the females have more important things on their minds rather than gorging on the free grub and drink. Like shopping for instance......BAA loves women.

That would be my Mrs :rolleyes:
Passes through T5 at least once a week and rarely uses the lounge.
How do I know :confused:
The credit card bill....
Its like she thinks we can get more BA miles by spending at BAA. I keep telling her there's an extra A, but that's still not stopped her... :o

onaswan Oct 3, 2008 2:35 am

Hi,

TBS

I usually try to do this in EDI, where the gate is next to the lounge: on my way to the lounge, I divert through the seated throng at the gate and look for a singleton pax presentable enough to invite in as a guest. I suppose that in the back of my mind I feel that one good turn deserves another, and that on my next long-haul ,I will be whisked up a class by a kindly soul...

Capricorn70 Oct 3, 2008 4:45 am

Hear hear! Grumpy, drunk, DYKWIA's are NOT attractive, and god knows there are enough of those skulking around.

As for legs... I think a well-cut suit or jeans that fit well is fab^ A bit of chest with 3 shirt buttons open doesn't hurt either!^^

BEST eye candy I ever saw at an airport was at SFO when these two LH F pax (they exuded this unmistakable 'west indian' air) in suits so sharp you can cut diamonds with them strolled by on their way to the gate. EVERYONE - m and f - in my queue turned and stared I kid you not.

As for the crew... ORD is a great place to glimpse some smoking (fig.!) pilots (usually the first officer as far as I noticed).

In the cabin we check the f/a's out too... how some of them strut up and down the aisle!:eek::D

FSHHUNT Oct 3, 2008 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 10461429)

Was traveling domestic and flight departed from A3 as expected so the walk to Galleries South would have been a real pain in the arse.

I must admit, 5mins before leaving the lounge, this hot little thing with two legs and a skirt only slightly longer than my boxer shorts came and sat down diagonally across from me. I was able to close my eyes for a moment and picture a scene which brought more than a smile to me during my flight. :D

Right, heading into Edinburgh now to see if there's any talent hidden around the castle.:p

stowaway Oct 3, 2008 8:34 am

Originally Posted by TLardner (Post 10460626)

What are the best ways for recognising a fellow FT-er? The bright yellow FT luggage tag comes to mind but that just doesn't look right on my stylish Italian carry on bag. Any other ways?

BA Flyer Oct 3, 2008 8:49 am

Out of interest, what's everyone else's experience? I find that BA crews flirt less than other airlines.

sunrisegirl Oct 3, 2008 11:35 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 10462224)

FA1 - "I see we've got that Smirnoff bloke on board, you know him from Flyertalk."
FA2 - Look after me trolley love till I go and get a look at him,I'm dying to see what he looks like.
FA2 - Don't worry, I'll pretend to ask him about his special meal...................................

FA2 - Yeah!!
FA1 - And?
FA1 - Fatter and maturer?....You make it sound as if you were expecting to see a Vietnamese potbelly pig.
FA2 - Well, when I asked him if he wanted the special meal he said...Oh yes I'll have the usual dollop of unidentifiable goo please.
FA1 - Really?
FA2 - Yes
FA2 - He said he was rather disappointed that the shaky armrest had been fixed and the wet floor was no more as he had got a fair bit of mileage out of telling that story...........Oh, and before I left he asked me if I knew what his CIV score was.
FA1 - Is he on about that again I only told him last week...so did you tell him?

FA3 - He says he wants a kiss and a cuddle from us all on the way out and he's not leaving till we give it him.

:D:D:D

Bet Smirny's not speaking to you now HIDDY ;)

macabus Oct 3, 2008 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 10462224)

FA2 - Yeah!!
FA1 - And?
FA1 - Really?
FA2 - Yes

It looks like HIDDY is giving PUCCI GALORE a run for her money with his new incarnation of TFTG.

dfotn Oct 3, 2008 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by irmster (Post 10460573)
and some of them would probably be happy to put on a little frock if you asked them nicely - problem solved.

a very large frock, more likely. :p