Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways launches social media network

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)

BA learning from / setting up a more mainstream rival to FT?

Brand Republic, 23 Sep 08:

British Airways has launched a social media platform called Metrotwin, which links Londoners and New Yorkers and is one of the biggest forays into social media by a major brand to date.

The online community provides expert recommendations on the best restaurants bars, shops, neighbourhoods and other places in both cities.

[article continues...]
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Yes, I was invited to join it, and have, in fact, joined. But it wasn't fuly workiing properly when I looked last week.

It's a good idea - whether it will work or not will depend on how quickly they open it up and enable content to be added....
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Question

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

British Airways is delighted to announce the launch of metrotwin.com, its new social media website that brings together two of the world's greatest cities in a single online community.

Metrotwin.com is an innovative way of linking London and New York by letting the people who actually live and work in these cities share recommendations of the best places to visit. The site also "twins" a wide range of locations such as hotels, bars, arts venues, health spas and even business centres. With in-depth information on the hottest spots in the city, Metrotwin is just as useful for the locals as it is for travellers. So if you're looking for the equivalent of Selfridges in New York or the Central Park Zoo of London, whether you are a resident or a tourist, Metrotwin will give you the inside knowledge you need.

Whilst all visitors to metrotwin.com can read recommendations and lists, registered Metrotwin users can add their own reviews and images to existing recommendations as well as suggesting new places. They can also create their own profile and compile individual lists of their preferred places. There is even the ability to highlight absolute favourites with an 'I love' function.

Metrotwin users can discover new places in London and New York thanks to the advice of others. Metrotwin is all about sharing knowledge and experience to help residents and travellers find the perfect place for their needs. Once users have found a location they think can be twinned with another, their recommendations will allow other users to benefit from their experiences too. To further help, each recommendation will carry a rating based on its viewings and the number of users who have saved it as a favourite.

As a Londoner or New Yorker, Metrotwin is a great way to learn more about your hometown. And if you're planning to travel to either city then visit metrotwin.com to discover get the latest inside information from those in the know.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
It was an interesting idea, but did anyone else find, like me, that the site is a little cluttered and less easy to navigate than some other, similar sites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.