Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cabin lights on all night on Upper Deck BA 288 ( PHX-LHR) 14th Sep

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,
I am now in Galleries First after landing from PHX at gate B38 ( total time from leaving to logging onto FT was 20mins)

I was in 62A from PHX to LHR last night and the cabin lights were all on all night ( after a while I asked the crew if there was a problem with the lights and they said the lights could not be switched off and it had happened on this aircraft before - reg was G-XXLJ)

In addititon the no smoking lights and fasten seat belt signs were not lit all night ( even prior to and during take off and landing) I pointed it out to the cabin crew who said there was an overhead one ( not visible to my seat or to many otheres) but the ones above the seat were not working.

Even with the eye shades as the cabin was fully lit during the night it was hard to sleep as you thought it was almost time for breakfast ( breakfast started about 90mins prior to landing)

Regards
TBS
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:13 am

Not that uncommon an occurence. The only way to fix it is to head down into the avionics bay in flight and that course of action is reserved for emergencies only. Do you think it would help to check which passengers wish to be woken for breakfast so that those who do can sleep without worrying about missing it?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:15 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
UA used to have little 'Wake me for meals' or 'Do not disturb' stickers.

Quite easy then
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Panic Stations
head down into the avionics bay in flight and that course of action is reserved for emergencies only.
And Kurt Russell
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
And Kurt Russell

And where Steven Seagal failed, no doubt attributed to his disproportionately short legs - he couldn't scamper up the cat ladder quick enough
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Woah I was on the same flight (in WT+ for the first time).

The lights kept switching off and on for a brief period downstairs but they weren't on all night.

The same thing happened to me on a TATL flight and I was on the UD (this was last year sometime). I got a call a couple of days later and a decent amount of miles posted to my account as service recovery ^
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
I am now in Galleries First after landing from PHX at gate B38 ( total time from leaving to logging onto FT was 20mins)

I was in 62A from PHX to LHR last night and the cabin lights were all on all night ( after a while I asked the crew if there was a problem with the lights and they said the lights could not be switched off and it had happened on this aircraft before - reg was G-XXLJ)

In addititon the no smoking lights and fasten seat belt signs were not lit all night ( even prior to and during take off and landing) I pointed it out to the cabin crew who said there was an overhead one ( not visible to my seat or to many otheres) but the ones above the seat were not working.

Even with the eye shades as the cabin was fully lit during the night it was hard to sleep as you thought it was almost time for breakfast ( breakfast started about 90mins prior to landing)

Regards
TBS
I was given 20k miles for a similar problem on a flight back fro SEA last year ..... .

MS
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QR Silver
Originally Posted by Panic Stations
Not that uncommon an occurence. The only way to fix it is to head down into the avionics bay in flight and that course of action is reserved for emergencies only.
In 5E a few months back to HKG I was woken by the "spare" captain going down there to fix exactly that same problem with the CSD guarding the hole. A little unnerving to wake up to find the hatch open!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, SQ PPS, SPG Gold
I had the same problem on a flight frm LHR to SIN ( upper deck). What was comical was the response " you just need to put your eyeshades on sir" . It's a bit like checking into a hotel and being told their are no curtians but don't worry here are some eyeshades. I did not get any miles as compensation ( or even a reply to my email of complaint). Actually what made the situation even more fun was that the AVOD was also broken so there was nothing left to do but stare at the wall in seat 64k (for 11 hours !!).
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Prospero

And where Steven Seagal failed, no doubt attributed to his disproportionately short legs - he couldn't scamper up the cat ladder quick enough
I've long thought that there's not enough reference to Executive Decision on this Board. I'm glad G-BOAC and Prospero know how to bring the Seagal back.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 5:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Njuls
the AVOD was also broken so there was nothing left to do but stare at the wall in seat 64k (for 11 hours !!).
Ah yes takes me back to the old days of no IFE on board - we used to actually talk, read or chat up the stewardesses.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:13 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Ah yes takes me back to the old days of no IFE on board - we used to actually talk, read or chat up the stewardesses.

Never have I been so thankful for the coming of IFE.

Ms Stewardess (Glam)
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Never have I been so thankful for the coming of IFE.

Ms Stewardess (Glam)
I said we not I - I was too shy to do it so I just watched.

TBS - Go for some miles.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 9:10 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I said we not I - I was too shy to do it so I just watched.

TBS - Go for some miles.
We? So you were travelling with some "mates" were you? You? Shy? Yes right. I've met your sort before.

Still it is true that I have dazzled and disturbed better men than you with my glamour.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Very impressed with the response from Customer Relations!

Hi,

Just an update,

I sent an email to Customer Relations last night and at lunchtime when I logged into my BAEC account I found 10k miles had been deposited into my account.

At home when I logged into my email, there was a reply from Customer realtions at 11am.

I am very impressed with the rapid response on this occasion!! Well done!^^

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.