Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How is the BA Airlines Program with booking flights??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2008, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

After spending 3 days on the phone with US Air agents looking for FF seats which they all told me were not available (I was looking for a triangle ticket which I have gotten for over 15 years when I needed) we decided it is time for us to move on. In fact they told me there were no First class tickets on every flight I checked over a 2 week period on them or United their partner for next June but they were posted as if there were online. I finally booked R/T not a 3 way and not a triangle trip online when they said none were accessible in their system. I decided to use all my points and change programs.

We spend a lot of time in the UK and I am also looking to book a flight to Australia again with Quantas in the future so I am considering getting a BA credit card.

Have people been able to get seats if they are flexible (which we are) with BA? I find I am looking for programs that will meet our needs. I have a Marriott Card and Starwoods but tend to use only one. I am looking for future programs with alliances with the airline we will need as the partner tickets are getting more difficult to obtain..

Please advise.

Thank you.

Sue
Old Aug 31, 2008, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you want to know what availability is like just join the BAEC, you can then access the redemption booking page and find out for yourself.

Welcome to FT. ^
Old Aug 31, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I usually manage to get the seats in F I want by being flexible on the dates and booking as far in advance as possible (usually about 11 months). The one problem I have every year is getting one seat in F on the LHR:BKK route in January or February so much so that for 2 years I have flown LHR:HKG then on TG to BKK.

It has been suggested that people petition BA to improve reward seat availabilty, but most in this forum disagreed with that on the basis that with care you can usually get what you want.

Of course my views may change if I have problems in a couple of weeks when cashing in my latest Amex 241 on 2 F seats; LHR:JNB and MRU:LHR (or vice versa) .
Old Aug 31, 2008, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I am a member already. I was looking for people's overall experience.

US Air has flights online that their agents say are not available when you call for assistance. I call when I need an unusual ticket such as BWI Madrid and out of Heathrow; or BWI LAX stop a few days and then HNL. Return HNL BWI. One cannot book these without assistance from a real person. What I am finding on USAir and Star Alliance Partners these days when needing a specialized ticket they say nothing is available when speaking with an agent. Yet when I pull up all of these flights as if I was flying direct from place to place there is plenty of inventory online for FF seats but not to use unless it is to and from the same airport. I was wondering what the service is from members of BA Executive Club.

Hope this is clear.

Sue

PS Thanks John...I just saw your post while writing this response.

Last edited by rosepointe; Aug 31, 2008 at 1:17 pm Reason: Addition
Old Aug 31, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by rosepointe
I am a member already. I was looking for people's overall experience.
The majority of the time you can find what you want on ba.com. In fact BA have just enhanced the web site to make redemption bookings easier to check. Sign in and look at the page "Spending BA miles".

BA first redemption seats can be very difficult to get at short notice - after all there are only 14 in total in a 747 - and I usually find I have to plan 12 months ahead for the popular destinations.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

...... Yet when I pull up all of these flights as if I was flying direct from place to place there is plenty of inventory online for FF seats but not to use unless it is to and from the same airport. I was wondering what the service is from members of BA Executive Club.

Hope this is clear.
One ways can be booked on-line no problem if you want to fly back from another airport other than the one you arrived into.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
BA Airlines
Old Sep 1, 2008, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
Quantas
Not only but also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.