Connection time at T5

Old Aug 29, 08, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Connection time at T5

Looking at MAN-BOM in the New Year, BA website gives me 1 hour 5 minutes for the outbound connection at Heathrow, seems a little tight. Would I be better going direct from LHR? I don't think there's an earlier Manchester flight.
Old Aug 29, 08, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
I've never actually done a connection at T5 but from what I've seen, and the general lay out of the terminal I can't see an hour being a problem at all.

However, I think you'll find there is an earlier flight, I assume you are looking at the 08:20 from MAN arriving 09:25 connecting to the 10:30 BOM flight. There is a 07:00 flight option from MAN which arrives at 08:10 giving you a very comfortable 2 hours 20 to connect.

Alterntively if you risk the 08:20 the worst that will happen is an 11 hour wait in the lounges for the 21:30 to BOM (assuming you are CW or EC Silver+ of course!)
Old Aug 29, 08, 7:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
My experience

I recently did a domestic-international connection in the early morning, and it took me 10 minutes from the time I stepped out of the aircraft until I was sipping champagne for breakfast in the lounge
Old Aug 29, 08, 8:22 am
Original Poster

As I'm doing MFU the only flight is the later one, I will have carry on only so should be fine I reckon.
Old Aug 29, 08, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by endoman View Post
As I'm doing MFU the only flight is the later one, I will have carry on only so should be fine I reckon.
As long as the 08:15 doesn't get too badly delayed that is! I use this route two or three times a week but nearly always on the BA 1385 which is currently at 07:15 . On the odd occasion when I have took the BA 1387 which is currently at 08:15 it has always been delayed I am afraid to say.

Also don't forget the T-35 rule at T5, which means you need to be through FCC by 09:55 for a 10:30 departure.

IMHO you will struggle, so you may want to look at going down the day before.
Old Aug 29, 08, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA1A View Post
As long as the 08:15 doesn't get too badly delayed that is! I use this route two or three times a week but nearly always on the BA 1385 which is currently at 07:15 . On the odd occasion when I have took the BA 1387 which is currently at 08:15 it has always been delayed I am afraid to say.

Also don't forget the T-35 rule at T5, which means you need to be through FCC by 09:55 for a 10:30 departure.

IMHO you will struggle, so you may want to look at going down the day before.
Shame my MFU won't let me on the earlier flight, I'll be calling on my friend near LHR to sleep on his sofa then,
Old Aug 29, 08, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by endoman View Post
Shame my MFU won't let me on the earlier flight, I'll be calling on my friend near LHR to sleep on his sofa then,
A wise decision and at least you remove all the stress from that part of your journey. I never trust connections any more and always prefer to travel down the day/night before and that way I can then choose how early I want to arrive at the terminal the next day.

Search this Thread