Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Triple miles for inaugurial AMS/CDG-JFK OpenSkies services (US residents)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises

I just received an e-mail from BA concerning an offer for triple miles on all flights for the new OpenSkies services providing direct connections between New York and Amsterdam or Paris. Triple for business class, double for traveler plus. The offer is valid for all travel through the end of March next year, and there does not seem to be any limit on the number of flights you can credit to your account that will qualify for the offer. It also seems valid for one-way flights. I received this e-mail from the North American EC but have not received anything similar from the Bremen office. From the website:

Originally Posted by BA

Fly British Airways’ codeshare partner - OpenSkies - and earn double or triple bonus BA Miles*

We are very happy to announce that OpenSkies will begin non-stop service from JFK Airport, New York to Shiphol Airport, Amsterdam on October 15, 2008. This is in addition to daily non-stop service New York to Paris (JFK to Orly).

To celebrate, we are offering another opportunity to earn bonus BA Miles. Simply register, then fly one-way or round-trip on non-stop transatlantic flights as often as you wish. Fly to Paris between August 27, 2008 and March 31, 2009, or Amsterdam between October 15 and March 31, 2009 to qualify.

With either destination you will earn triple BA Miles for every qualifying flight taken in BIZ, OpenSkies' business class, offering truly flat beds (180 degrees) and 73 inches of legroom. Or, receive double BA Miles for every flight taken in PREM+, offering business class comfort without the business class cost, and a seat that reclines 140 degrees with a 52 inch seat pitch. Please note that your journey must be booked and ticketed no later than October 31, 2008.
And the fine print:

Originally Posted by BA

*Terms and conditions

1. Valid for travel NYC - Paris August 27 through March 31, 2009. Valid for NYC - Amsterdam travel October 15 through March 31, 2009.
  2. Offer is open to all members of the British Airways Executive Club who reside in the US.
  3. Book and pay for your ticket August 27 through October 31, 2008.
  4. To qualify for the double bonus BA Miles offer, members must travel one-way or round-trip transatlantic in PREM+ cabin (W, E, T class), and for triple bonus BA Miles, travel must be in BIZ cabin (J, C, D, R, I class). Travel must occur between August 27 and March 31, 2009 on British Airways codeshare flights operated by OpenSkies between JFK, New York and Schipol Airport, Amsterdam, or JFK, New York to Orly Airport, Paris on non-stop flights. Bonus BA Miles will be awarded for each qualifying flight during this period.
  5. Existing members must register for the promotion prior to travel.
  6. New members must enrol in the Executive Club prior to travel to qualify and must ensure that promotional code "OSPROM" is inserted in the promotional code box of the enrolment form.
  7. Ticket can be purchased anywhere and paid for in the respective currency. However, travel need not originate in these countries.
  8. To ensure your BA Miles are automatically credited to your account, you must provide your Executive Club membership number at time of booking and again when you check in.
  9. For each qualifying sector, double BA Miles will be automatically posted for PREM+ cabin sectors and triple BA Miles for BIZ cabin sectors to your Executive Club account upon completion of your journey.
  10. Offers are not available in conjunction with any discount coupon, upgrade or free travel award, or any travel trade and airline industry discount tickets and cannot be combined with any other BA Miles bonus or promotional offer. Bonus BA Miles do not count towards tier progression.
  11. Full terms and conditions of the Executive Club apply. This offer is not transferable and not exchangeable for cash.
  12. British Airways reserves the right to rescind this offer at any time.
  13. British Airways General Conditions of Carriage apply to all travel associated with this offer.
  14. Valid for new booking only. Additional restrictions may apply.
  15. To ensure travel is automatically credited to your Executive Club account, please provide your membership number at time of booking and again at check-in. Bonus BA Miles are normally credited 4-6 weeks after completion of qualifying travel.
Here is the link to register for the offer.

I made a (semi-)dummy booking for a return AMS-JFK going out December, returning January: €1879.07 = £1498.10 = $2772.31.

By the way, before anyone gets out their sticks, I did a search!
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
My mother commented AMS is becoming a sort of BA mini-hub (or focus city?). Flights to LHR, LGW, LCY and now JFK. Even more destinations than JFK. And probably more to follow. AMS certainly has more run for growth than the constrained nature of LHR.

Might be good to give KLM a little bit of competition too, provide them a little bit of VS-espue treatment and incentive that supposedly kicked BA into gear long ago. BA would have to improve the current lounge offering though, the Crown Lounges are becoming pretty good. Add a spa treatment and they may trump BA's lounges even...
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver
Didn't work

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
I just received an e-mail from BA concerning an offer for triple miles on all flights for the new OpenSkies services providing direct connections between New York and Amsterdam or Paris. Triple for business class, double for traveler plus. The offer is valid for all travel through the end of March next year, and there does not seem to be any limit on the number of flights you can credit to your account that will qualify for the offer. It also seems valid for one-way flights. I received this e-mail from the North American EC but have not received anything similar from the Bremen office. From the website:

And the fine print:

Here is the link to register for the offer.

I made a (semi-)dummy booking for a return AMS-JFK going out December, returning January: €1879.07 = £1498.10 = $2772.31.

By the way, before anyone gets out their sticks, I did a search!
I was told that I wasn't eligible--too bad, I'm leaving on the flight tomorrow. . .anyone know of any other promos?

Last edited by fflier_9999; Oct 19, 2008 at 11:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.