Booking suggestions for fall? Help!

Old Aug 28, 08, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Booking suggestions for fall? Help!

I am planning a trip in the Spring (MAY) to Paris to propose to my GF. So I am looking at using miles to upgrade tickets to Business Class or get one free ticket plus upgrade another one to use miles (I have 250k miles that I can use). Anyway, right now tickets for WT+ are $2700 (incl. taxes) plus 25,000 miles to upgrade to B-Class for LAX>PARIS.

Do you think now is the time to book while availability is high or should I wait for some kind of sale? Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 08, 10:55 pm

xxxxx

Last edited by meeshi; Oct 20, 11 at 10:23 am Reason: xxxxx
Old Aug 29, 08, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meeshi View Post
Great plan....ok here's your choices. LAX to anywhere in U class is very hard to get the closer that you need it. Buy two tickets U class now. Book the seats. 100K per person/plus taxes/fuel surcharges. The U seats will not be open when the sale fare for the Spring is on....especially around holiday time/spring break etc.

Or if you are saving your miles book one seat U class and upgrade the other.
100K plus 25K MFU. WT+ with MFU will put you in U class through-not B.
B class is the booking for the connection only.

Just a suggestion-fly from LAX to JFK on AA. Take stopover in JFK (if you want) then Open Skies non-stop to Orly one way,you miss the UK taxes and it is the same mileage-shorter flying time and you arrive in Paris early am. The only problem is the EC mileage is not open for that time period yet.
Then book the CDG X/LHR (or take a stopover) LHR as a one way booking.
Thanks for the advice! I went ahead and booked today. Used miles completely for one ticket and bought/upgraded the other one.

Search this Thread