Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VISA London 2012 Party Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
VISA London 2012 Party Yesterday

I was lucky enough to be invited to the event BA laid on yesterday and just wanted to know if any other FT'ers attended and what their thought's were?

I also wanted to say thanks to BA for laying on a superb event, the champagne was free flowing all day, Pimm's and Gin and Vodka as well for those who got fed up of the champers and lots of delicious food.

They had set up an Executive Club Lounge and Concorde Room and had the model of the A380 on the viewing gallery which was situated just behind the BBC News team. Michael Phelps was sat outside the Concorde Room in the garden for a while, surrounded by security and there were numerous team GB athletes and celebrities passing through all the time.

The only downside to the day was when we were all gathered inside the marquee to watch the closing ceremony and just at the point of the handover to GB all the screens failed and came up with "no signal" - my first thought was that they had used the same company who installed AVOD

Apart from this minor hiccup it was a superb day, so thanks BA ^
Old Aug 25, 2008, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes I was there - about 10 rows back from the front of the stage. How did you get an invite to the BA enclosure?

There seemed to be a problem with audio throughout the day - every time they switched to Beijing there was no sound, although this was fixed in time for the 8 minute performance.

Timing could have been better as well. Phelps was still being interviewed when the presenter had to interrupt to announce the arrival of the Red Arrows.

It was a very good event though. When I looked at my photos, I noticed that one of my pictures of the Palace captured Prince Harry standing on the roof!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
The party was reported in tonight's news here (along with reports of gloating English fans, bagging Australia's performance ).

The main annoyance for me from the Beijing party was the inclusion of VISA mascot, Jackie Chan. Talk about product placement in the close.

I guess this party was a smart product placement for VISA, to get around the rule prohibiting advertising in the Olympics.

(I don't expect to get a sympathetic hearing here...)
Old Aug 25, 2008, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
i was there too. Didn't get invited to the Concorde Room/Executive Club Lounge but won four tickets from the news/offers section a while back.

All Golds are equal, but some are more equal than others...
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:03 am

Yes, I was in the BA lounge for this event as well - having secured two passes via a competition in the Evening Standard. The hospitality was awesome, by far the best I have experienced. The food (themed Chinese and British, naturally!) was great and the champagne wasn't bad too!

Thank you BA - it was a great event.

BTW, BA1A you might have noticed that the BA girls who were standing by the A380 model for much of the afternnon were the same ones who were at the foot of the steps when Team GB deplaned this afternoon
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
Yes I was there - about 10 rows back from the front of the stage. How did you get an invite to the BA enclosure?

There seemed to be a problem with audio throughout the day - every time they switched to Beijing there was no sound, although this was fixed in time for the 8 minute performance.

Timing could have been better as well. Phelps was still being interviewed when the presenter had to interrupt to announce the arrival of the Red Arrows.

It was a very good event though. When I looked at my photos, I noticed that one of my pictures of the Palace captured Prince Harry standing on the roof!

High Gold’s and GGL members got invited. Along with a few other important people I guess.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was a fun event, and my head has hurt all day as a result.

Another cracking GGL invite!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It was a fun event, and my head has hurt all day as a result.

Another cracking GGL invite!
Caning the Bolly were we? No sympathy at all!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OPebble
Caning the Bolly were we? No sympathy at all!
Piper Heidseck Brut Reserve, well chilled on a warmish afternoon. ^

Watching the BBC team at work was fun, and Kate Silverton is just lovely...
Old Aug 26, 2008, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by EssexBantam
Thank you BA - it was a great event.

BTW, BA1A you might have noticed that the BA girls who were standing by the A380 model for much of the afternnon were the same ones who were at the foot of the steps when Team GB deplaned this afternoon
Yes, just arrived in BOM and watched the video on the BBC Sport web site and ntoiced that too ^

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Piper Heidseck Brut Reserve, well chilled on a warmish afternoon. ^

Watching the BBC team at work was fun, and Kate Silverton is just lovely...
Isn't she just....and I loved the way she wears a smart top but with jeans and big trainers as you only ever see the top half of her on the news broadcasts Couldn't help noticing her white knickers poking out of the top of her jeans at the front when she was interviewing Michael Phelps too, he didn't seem to notice though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.