Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Recent T5 CCR entry success while transit from F>CE?

Recent T5 CCR entry success while transit from F>CE?

Old Aug 23, 08, 7:20 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question Recent T5 CCR entry success while transit from F>CE?

I know I asked this question before but I was wondering what the current success and consistancy on gaining T5 CCR access when arriving at LHR in International FC and transiting to CE? A few months ago it was hit and miss... has a consistant policy been put into place?

We are flying BA in a couple weeks and my only hope to experience the T5 CCR would be our arrival since our transatlantic segments arrive and depart T4 and I think the T4 CCR is closed (or will be when we depart).

Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 08, 3:42 am

Every lounge entry desk file contains a note re the access policy for inbound prem cabins. There should be no issue and the policy as stated on OW stands.
Old Aug 24, 08, 4:39 am

I had absolutely no problem gaining access to the CCR last week transiting F > UK Dom; staff were delightful and the Dining Room seems to be operating so much more slickly too.

In fact, the overall levels of service were superb.
Old Aug 24, 08, 7:52 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by continentalclub View Post
I had absolutely no problem gaining access to the CCR last week transiting F > UK Dom; staff were delightful and the Dining Room seems to be operating so much more slickly too.

excellent
Old Aug 24, 08, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub View Post

I can confirm the same for my wife and me last Friday - no problems getting access to the CCR room or the First lounge.
Old Aug 24, 08, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I had no problems in late May going F -> CE, and it was an overnight connection.
Old Aug 24, 08, 10:42 am

No issues on Friday.

I was asked if I wanted a drink or food by four separate members of staff inside the first five minutes.
Old Aug 28, 08, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Any issues if you're connecting from a flight at LGW?

I'm with a group of 4 travelling in F from ATL-LGW, then we're schlepping our way to LHR for LHR-BRU in CE.

I was assuming that we'd have Concorde Room access based upon the F boarding pass for ATL-LGW.

I guess we'll find out next week, but I'm just curious ... just because we arrived in LGW that morning shouldn't make a difference, should it?
Old Aug 28, 08, 11:29 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
The rule is that you're allowed if you're flying any BA F sectors that day, regardless of start/end point.

So if you're flying LHR-BAH in Y and BAH-DOH in F, you can use the CR
Old Sep 1, 08, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by schofs View Post
The rule is that you're allowed if you're flying any BA F sectors that day, regardless of start/end point.
Originally Posted by skippythelizard View Post
Any issues if you're connecting from a flight at LGW?
Not LGW I know but I landed at T4 this morning at 07:00 from BOM in F. I worked all day in the office and I gained access to the T5 CCR just now (some 8 hours later) for my domestic connecting flight and was able to use the "secret" door

It is lovely and peaceful in here although it seems they are still having air conditioning problems in some areas, the boardroom for example is like a sauna
Old Sep 1, 08, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA1A View Post
Not LGW I know but I landed at T4 this morning at 07:00 from BOM in F. I worked all day in the office and I gained access to the T5 CCR just now (some 8 hours later) for my domestic connecting flight and was able to use the "secret" door

It is lovely and peaceful in here although it seems they are still having air conditioning problems in some areas, the boardroom for example is like a sauna
The cabans the other week were also rather warm.

FD

Search this Thread