FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Recent T5 CCR entry success while transit from F>CE? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/858647-recent-t5-ccr-entry-success-while-transit-f-ce.html)

david55 Aug 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Recent T5 CCR entry success while transit from F>CE?

I know I asked this question before but I was wondering what the current success and consistancy on gaining T5 CCR access when arriving at LHR in International FC and transiting to CE? A few months ago it was hit and miss... has a consistant policy been put into place?

We are flying BA in a couple weeks and my only hope to experience the T5 CCR would be our arrival since our transatlantic segments arrive and depart T4 and I think the T4 CCR is closed (or will be when we depart).

Thanks.

adrianjc32 Aug 24, 2008 2:42 am

Every lounge entry desk file contains a note re the access policy for inbound prem cabins. There should be no issue and the policy as stated on OW stands.

continentalclub Aug 24, 2008 3:39 am

I had absolutely no problem gaining access to the CCR last week transiting F > UK Dom; staff were delightful and the Dining Room seems to be operating so much more slickly too.

In fact, the overall levels of service were superb.

david55 Aug 24, 2008 6:52 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub (Post 10251115)
I had absolutely no problem gaining access to the CCR last week transiting F > UK Dom; staff were delightful and the Dining Room seems to be operating so much more slickly too.

excellent

aussies32000 Aug 24, 2008 8:40 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub (Post 10251115)

I can confirm the same for my wife and me last Friday - no problems getting access to the CCR room or the First lounge.

Fraser Aug 24, 2008 9:26 am

I had no problems in late May going F -> CE, and it was an overnight connection.

FlyerTalker46423 Aug 24, 2008 9:42 am

No issues on Friday.

I was asked if I wanted a drink or food by four separate members of staff inside the first five minutes. ^

skippythelizard Aug 28, 2008 7:07 am

Any issues if you're connecting from a flight at LGW?

I'm with a group of 4 travelling in F from ATL-LGW, then we're schlepping our way to LHR for LHR-BRU in CE.

I was assuming that we'd have Concorde Room access based upon the F boarding pass for ATL-LGW.

I guess we'll find out next week, but I'm just curious ... just because we arrived in LGW that morning shouldn't make a difference, should it?

schofs Aug 28, 2008 10:29 am

The rule is that you're allowed if you're flying any BA F sectors that day, regardless of start/end point.

So if you're flying LHR-BAH in Y and BAH-DOH in F, you can use the CR

BA1A Sep 1, 2008 9:55 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 10273969)
The rule is that you're allowed if you're flying any BA F sectors that day, regardless of start/end point.

Originally Posted by skippythelizard (Post 10272840)
Any issues if you're connecting from a flight at LGW?

Not LGW I know but I landed at T4 this morning at 07:00 from BOM in F. I worked all day in the office and I gained access to the T5 CCR just now (some 8 hours later) for my domestic connecting flight and was able to use the "secret" door ^

It is lovely and peaceful in here although it seems they are still having air conditioning problems in some areas, the boardroom for example is like a sauna :(

Flying Doctor Sep 1, 2008 10:30 am

Originally Posted by BA1A (Post 10292119)
Not LGW I know but I landed at T4 this morning at 07:00 from BOM in F. I worked all day in the office and I gained access to the T5 CCR just now (some 8 hours later) for my domestic connecting flight and was able to use the "secret" door ^

It is lovely and peaceful in here although it seems they are still having air conditioning problems in some areas, the boardroom for example is like a sauna :(

The cabans the other week were also rather warm.

FD