Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Disaster! Jumeirah exits BAEC

"Jumeirah to exit Executive Club partner programme

There will be a small change to the way in which you can earn BA Miles when staying at our British Airways Executive Club hotel partners.

From 16 September 2008 you will no longer be able to earn BA Miles when staying at Jumeirah hotels. Jumeirah is located in Dubai, London and New York, and the good news is that there are numerous other Executive Club hotel partner options in these cities where you can still earn BA Miles.

For more information and a full list of all our Executive Club partners, please visit the hotel partner pages."

Jumeirah was, quite frankly, a bonanza for miles earning, paying out 3 miles per US$. They are easily the most upmarket hotel company paying out a sensible level of miles (lets forget Mandarin Orientals 250 per night!).

A couple of years ago we went to the, frankly, outstanding Madinat Jumeirah resort in Dubai for 5 nights. The total bill was around £2,500, and I got around 12,000 BA Miles! Very disappointing to see this disappear as an option - I imagine they want to encourage more people to take points in their Sirius loyalty programme instead.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by Raffles

(lets forget Mandarin Orientals 250 per night!).
Did you ever see MO miles post because I certainly never did,and not really worth chasing
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Can you still transfer Sirius points into a BAEC account, though?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaguarpig
Did you ever see MO miles post because I certainly never did,and not really worth chasing
Always had to retro claim. Last lot took FIVE MONTHS to hit my statement, for a whopping 750 of them (3 nights in Prague). Worth the stamp, though.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Got Ba points from MO in HKG 2 months after stay without retro claim.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Interesting. I've treated myself to a stay in the Burj on Sunday (flying out tonight, in Gate 1 lounge now - anyone about?)

Anyway, what's the process for retro claiming, assuming I'll need to?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
My last stays took about two months to show up, but no chasing required.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:11 pm

I imagine they want to encourage more people to take points in their Sirius loyalty programme instead.
Sirius isn't bad... I see that we now have enough Sirius points for a rather nice dinner at the Burj: just need to get back there before they expire! We didn't pay for our room through the hotel either (booked that through another agency), so that reward is only on incidentals...

Boo
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MO points have posted fine for me.

Not really sad to see Jumeirah go as they were of little use to me. Happy to never set foot in DXB again, there are more fun places to stay in NYC and I live in London.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by powlo
Interesting. I've treated myself to a stay in the Burj on Sunday (flying out tonight, in Gate 1 lounge now - anyone about?)

Anyway, what's the process for retro claiming, assuming I'll need to?
Through BAEC - although they may post OK. Be careful if you have a Sirius a/c as they may hit that instead.

By the way, if you live in London then if you spend enough Sirius points can have a use for free meals at the Carlton Tower and Lowndes hotels. However, you'd need to be sure you'd have enough before you risked crediting them to Sirius as they are relatively useless otherwise - although you can get Harvey Nichols and Hamleys vouchers as well.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, BMI, LH, PC RA

Congratulations - roll on 22,222!
Old Aug 23, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
It seems to me that you are able to transfer points out of Sirius into your EC account at a rate of 1:3. That's from Jumeirah, so I'm not sure that BAEC dropping earnings matters. Am I mistaken?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nicksta
It seems to me that you are able to transfer points out of Sirius into your EC account at a rate of 1:3. That's from Jumeirah, so I'm not sure that BAEC dropping earnings matters. Am I mistaken?
I imagine that both the direct earning AND the conversion will be withdrawn, or the BAEC announcement wouldn't have been worded as it was (ie 'stay elsewhere'). But lets see.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Blue
Through BAEC - although they may post OK. Be careful if you have a Sirius a/c as they may hit that instead.

By the way, if you live in London then if you spend enough Sirius points can have a use for free meals at the Carlton Tower and Lowndes hotels. However, you'd need to be sure you'd have enough before you risked crediting them to Sirius as they are relatively useless otherwise - although you can get Harvey Nichols and Hamleys vouchers as well.

Looks like I might be alright. Without prompting my butler asked if I wanted the Sirius points or the miles (I'd added my BAEC number to the booking in the 'other instructions' area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.